Linxterix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hello Guys,

I don't know if my New 2DS XL is bricked or not because I've made some processes on my new 2ds xl after that the touch screen and all buttons are not working , the processes are: ntrboot using a magnet ,Installing boot9strap , Configuring Luma3DS, Homebrew Launcher (Doesn't work) and Removing ntrboot . After this last process I have problems with my new 2ds XL do you know How could I resolve those problems ?

More informations: - I can use all the buttons for Luma3DS or if I try to remove ntrboot again then I believe that the buttons are not the problem.
- When I started to make everything there is no information about consoles bricked and about to make a nand backup before all the process so I just have a NAND backup after this problem.

Thank you very much

Linxterix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
the last step exactly was

Section V - Removing ntrboot

But I am not sure 100% because a day ago sttopped to hack my New 2ds XL when I tryed the step
Section III - Homebrew Launcher and it wasn't working when do we need to enter using the download play it wasn't opening the homebrew launcher it was like an eternal loop If I pressed on the donwload play icon it coming back to home page all the time

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I am not sure 100% because a day ago sttopped to hack my New 2ds XL when I tryed the step Section III - Homebrew Launcher and it wasn't working when do we need to enter using the download play it wasn't opening the homebrew launcher it was like an eternal loop If I pressed on the donwload play icon it coming back to home page all the time
do the same process except instead of "download play" try "3ds sound"

Reactions: Linxterix
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the last step exactly was

Section V - Removing ntrboot

But I am not sure 100% because a day ago sttopped to hack my New 2ds XL when I tryed the step
Section III - Homebrew Launcher and it wasn't working when do we need to enter using the download play it wasn't opening the homebrew launcher it was like an eternal loop If I pressed on the donwload play icon it coming back to home page all the time
Try not to make it a habit in following video tutorials. Check yourself against this:

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Linxterix

Linxterix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
do the same process except instead of "download play" try "3ds sound"

I am checking it now thank you very much

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try not to make it a habit in following video tutorials. Check yourself against this:
I am going to check it but first I am checking the 3ds sound.

Thank you very much for helping me

Linxterix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Guys for while it is impossible to make this change with the homebrew channel because I think I said a thing wrong I cannot use buttons or touch screen using the 2ds system I just can use the buttons on the luma, god9 ... but I cannot do anything using the 2ds app the main problem is I don't have a nand backup before the buttons and touch problems. Is there a way to restore or do something?

I have one more question, I cannot turn on my 2ds without SD card inside too when I press the power button the light is on and one second later the light is off is that normal?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys for while it is impossible to make this change with the homebrew channel because I think I said a thing wrong I cannot use buttons or touch screen using the 2ds system I just can use the buttons on the luma, god9 ... but I cannot do anything using the 2ds app the main problem is I don't have a nand backup before the buttons and touch problems. Is there a way to restore or do something?
  1. Copy everything off your current SD card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat the card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if bigger than 32 GB).
  3. Full Write + Verify Test the empty card with H2testw to check for hardware issues.
  4. If the card passes, delete the *.h2w test files.
    • If an error was reported, stop the test. Replace the failed card and go back to step 1 or 2.
  5. Create a test custom firmware setup. Do not use files from your main setup for the time being.
    • You may download and use the starter kit found here.
  6. Insert the card into the 2DS, turn on the system, and hold (Select) button to access Luma3DS v9.1 configuration. Use these settings:
    • luma_config.png
  7. Take a look around HOME Menu. Determine if Rosalina menu allows injection of Homebrew Launcher into any of the system titles.
    • Activity Log, AR Games, Download Play, Face Raiders, Health & Safety, Mii Maker, Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound
  8. If the buttons and touch screen inputs are still broken, continue to the next set of instructions.
  1. First try repairs with Recovery Mode if the n2DSXL is not on latest 3DS firmware 11.9.0-42.
  2. If that doesn't work, try CTRTransfer with GodMode9 and then update with Recovery Mode.
  3. If that also doesn't work, try CTRTransfer again with Decrypt9WIP and then update with Recovery Mode.
    • Relocate the CTRTransfer files *.bin and *.sha file in the smdc:/files9 folder.
    • Decrypt9WIP → SysNAND Options → CTRTransfer... → Auto CTRNAND Transfer → button combo → 11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.binetc.

I have one more question, I cannot turn on my 2ds without SD card inside too when I press the power button the light is on and one second later the light is off is that normal?
This happens because Luma3DS hasn't been installed on CTRNAND in the Finalizing Setup.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Linxterix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
  2. Reformat the card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if bigger than 32 GB).
  3. Full Write + Verify Test the empty card with H2testw to check for hardware issues.
    • If an error was reported, stop the test. Replace the failed card and go back to step 1 or 2.
  5. Create a test custom firmware setup. Do not use files from your main setup for the time being.
  6. Insert the card into the 2DS, turn on the system, and hold (Select) button to access Luma3DS v9.1 configuration. Use these settings:
    • luma_config.png
  7. Take a look around HOME Menu. Determine if Rosalina menu allows injection of Homebrew Launcher into any of the system titles.
    • Activity Log, AR Games, Download Play, Face Raiders, Health & Safety, Mii Maker, Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound
  8. If the buttons and touch screen inputs are still broken, continue to the next set of instructions.
  1. First try repairs with Recovery Mode if the n2DSXL is not on latest 3DS firmware 11.9.0-42.
  2. If that doesn't work, try CTRTransfer with GodMode9 and then update with Recovery Mode.
  3. If that also doesn't work, try CTRTransfer again with Decrypt9WIP and then update with Recovery Mode.
    • Relocate the CTRTransfer files *.bin and *.sha file in the smdc:/files9 folder.
    • Decrypt9WIP → SysNAND Options → CTRTransfer... → Auto CTRNAND Transfer → button combo → 11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.binetc.

This happens because Luma3DS hasn't been installed on CTRNAND in the Finalizing Setup.
Thank you very much again I started a few hours ago the process using the H2testw it is going to take more 7 hours to finish because I am using a 32GB sd card. I am going to do the other processes later and I will post the results.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much again I started a few hours ago the process using the H2testw it is going to take more 7 hours to finish because I am using a 32GB sd card. I am going to do the other processes later and I will post the results.
Woah, that doesn't sound right... Don't skip the testing, but I'm going to voice right now that your card seems fake.

You can't continue repairing the n2DSXL with CTRTransfer unless you're absolutely sure your SD card is 100% functional, thus the H2testw.
If you try flashing your SysNAND with CTRTransfer with a bad SD card, you'll need up soft bricking it further.

Linxterix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Woah, that doesn't sound right... Don't skip the testing, but I'm going to voice right now that your card seems fake.

You can't continue repairing the n2DSXL with CTRTransfer unless you're absolutely sure your SD card is 100% functional, thus the H2testw.
If you try flashing your SysNAND with CTRTransfer with a bad SD card, you'll need up soft bricking it further.

It finished the verification about the 3ds SD card and Flash card's SD card

there are 2 points:
1 - It was really slow the verification because the hub was not so helpfull and there was no errors for the 3DS SD card (32GB)
2A - I've done the same with the Flash SD card (4GB) but I saw a thing before I formated it It was FAT32 + 4 KB do you think this could be the main problem for the soft brick?
2B - Before I use H2testw there is a message

Sem título 2.png
Then after that there is no erros. is it everything right?

Linxterix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
    • luma_config.png

I tryed all the process but I cannot use the touch screen or the buttons on the nintendo 2ds system menus then it is like that I am blocked and I cannot do anything to fix it =( .

Aditional Information: I used the 32GB SD CARD that there is no errors to do all the process

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: