Hacking Help won't on after downgrade

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People downgrade for stupid reason only to be forced to rebuild their NAND, restoring their backup etc. It doesn't really have to do with Nintendo online services, then again it doesn't make sense when the game he wants to downgrade for was Splatoon 2.

it absolutely does, he literally said "because after 8.1.0 you need Nintendo switch online to play Splatoon2 online." now im gonna venture a guess that that means he doesnt want to pay for it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it absolutely does, he literally said "because after 8.1.0 you need Nintendo switch online to play Splatoon2 online." now im gonna venture a guess that that means he doesnt want to pay for it.

If he wants to play online on Spatoon 2 server then he needs to pay for online service, besides he probably got flagged for a ban.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he wants to play online on Spatoon 2 server then he needs to pay for online service, besides he probably got flagged for a ban.

yes im aware of that ( i have common sense too!) this person believed they could do so in a different way, which is absurd, and ban aside, my entire point of being here is to see if he learns a lesson to just buy the online and not try to get around the issue.

ThatFinn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey guys my question isn't how i can use tegrarcmgui or why is downgrade stupid. My question is why i cannot boot into rcm and how can i fix it.

ThatFinn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok. Here is a summary of everything that happened, what I tried, and what happens if I try that:

I was on firmware version 10.0.4 and decided to downgrade to 8.1.0 with ChoiDujourNXv102.
Everything seemed worked - it successfully downgraded to 8.1.0.
Then I shut down my switch, downloaded a tinfoil nsp, put it on the sd card, and booted the switch into atmosphere (using autorcm). Then I got an error. I don't know what it was. I restarted the switch, and launched it (again using autorcm, but i didn't boot into atmosphere, i just launched it normally). Then, I got a switch error. I can't remember which one it was, but something with 2001. I deactivated autorcm to see what happens if I start the switch without hekate. I pressed power off (inside hekate), but when i tried to start the switch again, nothing happened.

Now, my Switch is completely black and has no sign of life.
I charged it for about 10 hours to make sure it has power, but that shouldn't be the problem, because when it started to do nothing, it still had about 50% charged.
I tried holding down the power button for 10s, 30s, 1m, ... to force shut down, and then start it again, but nothing seems to happen.
I tried to launch it into rcm mode with a bent paperclip - nothing happened.
I tried launching it into rcm with a 3d printed rcm clip - nothing happenend.

Then, you guys said it might already be in rcm, and I should just install the drivers. When i plugged it into the pc to install the drivers via zadig, it didn't detect any device. I also tried to click Install Drivers in TegraRcmGUI, but after a restart of the programm, it told me that the drivers weren't installed, and it also doesn't detect the switch.

So this is were I'm at right now.
I don't know if the switch is on (and maybe inc rcm mode).
I don't know if it has battery or somehow the charging is broke.
I don't know if I somehow touched pin 4 when trying to boot it into rcm and shorted something.

So I can't just assume it's in rcm mode.

And to your question:
You are in the rcm. What happens if you only charge the console?

Nothing happens. No indicator on the screen or anything. But again, I don't know if it is even in rcm.
One thing I tried is running it trough a plug that tells me how much watt the device plugged in is using, and it told me it's drawing 2W. I can't tell you how accurate this is though, but at least (I think) it should mean that the charging port is not broken.

So, what is there that I can still try, or is there anything I can do to see if my switch is even alive?

ThatFinn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
After a long time i can boot into RCM. I must press the power button 20sec then the + button 3sec and then 1 sec the power button (with rcmclip) I restore my BOOT0, BOOT1 and my rawnand.bin

ThatFinn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Now i know why i cannot start my consol normal. I have 13 fuse but i have one more in need. I must wait for 11.0.0 then i can start my console without atmoshere(fuse-primary.bin).

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To refresh the memory of everyone actually trying to help (thanks by the way)
It is possible for the Switch to get stuck in a bad RCM state. This happens when running unstable payloads or if the Switch is plain finicky.

The save route to roule out any RCM problems is as follows:
  1. connect Switch to the original wall plug charger
  2. connect the charger to an outlet
  3. let the Switch charge for a few hours
  4. connect the Switch to a PC
  5. insert jig
  6. press the power button for ~15+ seconds (hard off)
  7. enter RCM via button combination
With this there is no chance of a flat battery, stuck in RCM or wrong order of actions. In case this does not work, a bad connector, battery, USB cable, missing drivers etc have to be checked.
This is a typical problem and the amount of possible erros is so great that there has to be a clear path of actions to rule out unrelated problems first.

ThatFinn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Okay, so as I said, it seems to work now.
Thanks again to everyone!
But, it still doesn't seem to work fully. When I try to launch any game (from the cartridge), or even YouTube, I simply get a black screen and have to restart the console to do anything. What can I do to make it work again?

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I
Have
Never
Seen
Such
A
OP

did he just really downgraded to 8.0.1 because he thought he can play online for free? omg
You just won the GBATemp Dunce Award 2020 (congratulations btw) and dude we have seen people here this year believing they can install PS4 hacks on latest firmware because they’ve seen a video on YouTube

I think at this point you don’t even deserve to get your console back working again if you don’t even know what you’re doing; this is a mockery of the homebrew community, you better stick with ofw because you’re going to get banned anyway I’m sure

Last edited by MeAndHax,

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
Have
Never
Seen
Such
A
OP

did he just really downgraded to 8.0.1 because he thought he can play online for free? omg
You just won the GBATemp Dunce Award 2020 and dude we have seen people here this year believing they can install PS4 hacks on latest firmware because they’ve seen a video on YouTube

I think at this point you don’t even deserve to get your console back working again if you don’t even know what you’re doing; this is a mockery of the homebrew community, you better stick with ofw because you’re going to get banned anyway I’m sure

somebody gets it.

Reactions: Stealphie

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MeAndHax you are just like my brother. Only if I can't do it will I be offended
honestly I can’t even stop laughing every time I read the first page of this thread;

dude not even people on 10.0.3 can play online but good luck playing online on 8.0.1 hahahahhah
send me a picture when you get it working hahah

Last edited by MeAndHax,

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This thread is a trainwreck
I
Have
Never
Seen
Such
A
OP

You just won the GBATemp Dunce Award 2020 (congratulations btw) and dude we have seen people here this year believing they can install PS4 hacks on latest firmware because they’ve seen a video on YouTube

Big Agree.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ThatFinn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
magico29 it's not only the game cartridge reader. I downloaded nsp files and it didn't work. I have Youtube on my switch and youtube didn't work too

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Imagine if you came home and your brother had taken your Switch for the day, just to try something out with Splatoon 2...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been on since 9.0 +1