Help with wine on android

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by gengardenne, May 2, 2018.

1. gengardenne
    OP

gengardenne GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    Italy
    Like title say,I need help to properly use this kind of emulator on my smartphone.I'm 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware and testing emulation on my device result always in crashes after installed it.
    I would know what's wrong.Maybe system requirement is not enough and I should update to a newer version?I've installed the arm.apk and my architeture is this one
    Could a double emulation(emulate Wine from Linux emulator for example)be a way?I accept all types of suggestions

2. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N オンライン翻訳者が悪い

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    IIRC, the WINE build for Android is still heavily in beta, so I wouldn't expect too much in terms of stability at this point in time.

Besides, KitKat is a bit dated at this point. The devs are probably focusing development towards newer versions of Android, so you may have better luck either updating (if your phone supports it) or getting another phone entirely.

3. gengardenne
    OP

gengardenne GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    Italy
    I know android support was born on 3.0 and so is the newest system to be supported.Anyway today I tried on my tablet 5.0.2 Kitkat and this time it loaded correctly.Maybe from 5.0 it is available on android.I don't know which is the problem because frezee on smartphone

4. Fusion

Fusion On/Off GBA-Temp'er

Nov 7, 2002
    More then likely the Android OS update fixed your crash cause most dev's have 5.X.X which is Lollipop as the supported version minimum i would assume to use newer features/hardware enhancements API

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice