Help with Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NeoSX, Mar 26, 2009.

Mar 26, 2009

Help with Wii by NeoSX at 5:52 PM (712 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. NeoSX
    OP

Newcomer NeoSX Member

Okay, so my friend managed to uninstall the operating system on his wii, he was using preloader. I managed to get homebrew working through the preloader, I installed a systemmenu.wad in hopes of installing the operating system again. However, I installed that wad, now when the wii starts up, its trying to access the opera browser.

Its saying You tried to access the address marc: EU EU/ENG/Setup/startup_index1.html which is currently unavailable. Please make sure the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and puctuated, then try relading the page. I tried clicking around and nothing is coming up.

2. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Preloader works by taking the place of the systemmenu. When you replaced the systemmenu, chances are you also replaced preloader so you may be in a world of hurt.

If you can still use preloader use anyregionchanger and reinstall the 3.2 system menu through that. It's almost always better to use automated applications than to try and install things manually with the wii because it's very easy to make a mistake and break things.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
  4. NeoSX
    OP

Newcomer NeoSX Member

Damn, any ideas of what I can do? Becaus I can't access any thing besides this opera browser loading screen.

5. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    its a region brick, Guess you installed the Wrong system menu wad?? yep a full brick

you can try savemiifrii with a GC Controller , load into the recovery menu, then stick in a Official game that contains a 3.3 update and let it update should fix ya