Help with Wii error problem.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by pecavuk, Nov 2, 2009.

1. pecavuk
    OP

pecavuk Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    I have a Wii, which is on a 4.2E software, and everything works fine. But sometimes, it just doesn't read the disc, any random disc. It takes it in, and after a few seconds, an error pops up telling me to eject the disc, and to restart the console. Problem is, I can't neither restart it nor eject the disc. So the only way to get out, is the unplug it.

Sometimes it works, sometimes I need to do the same 4-5 times since the error pops up again and again. Is there a way to fix this? Is the laser dying or something?

Thanks in advance. I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section.

P.S. My friend a while back did try to play some NTSC games without Gecko on it, so that might be the problem, but I'm not sure.

2. pecavuk
    OP

pecavuk Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    C'mon, anybody?

3. Danny600kill

Danny600kill xD

Aug 3, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Manchester
    when i first softmodded my wii this happened to me. i found that it was my disks. first make sure u are using dvd-R and if you are make sure they are of good quality ( the best being vertibrim (cant spell ) or sony ) as it seems that some disks are not liked buy the wii. Also when burning these disks make sure u are burning at low speeds, people say 4x or under but i used 1x and that helped. if you need a good iso burner use imgburn ( type it in on google )( If i cant link to that i will take off )

I found that using a hdd to loads game is alot more reliable and cheaper in the long run and so i would say go to a hard drive is possible

If you have good disk which are DVD-R then yes maybe ur laser is dieing

PS : Bumping is against the rules

4. pecavuk
    OP

pecavuk Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    Yes, I'm using only DVD-R. Mostly I'm using Princo or nowadas Maxell, which isn't exactly Verbatim, but it's good enough.

Thanks for the advice, I will try the USB Loader.

And sorry for bumping.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice