Hardware Help with Wii error problem.

pecavuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii, which is on a 4.2E software, and everything works fine. But sometimes, it just doesn't read the disc, any random disc. It takes it in, and after a few seconds, an error pops up telling me to eject the disc, and to restart the console. Problem is, I can't neither restart it nor eject the disc. So the only way to get out, is the unplug it.

Sometimes it works, sometimes I need to do the same 4-5 times since the error pops up again and again. Is there a way to fix this? Is the laser dying or something?

Thanks in advance. I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section.

P.S. My friend a while back did try to play some NTSC games without Gecko on it, so that might be the problem, but I'm not sure.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i first softmodded my wii this happened to me. i found that it was my disks. first make sure u are using dvd-R and if you are make sure they are of good quality ( the best being vertibrim (cant spell ) or sony ) as it seems that some disks are not liked buy the wii. Also when burning these disks make sure u are burning at low speeds, people say 4x or under but i used 1x and that helped. if you need a good iso burner use imgburn ( type it in on google )( If i cant link to that i will take off )

I found that using a hdd to loads game is alot more reliable and cheaper in the long run and so i would say go to a hard drive is possible

If you have good disk which are DVD-R then yes maybe ur laser is dieing

PS : Bumping is against the rules

pecavuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I'm using only DVD-R. Mostly I'm using Princo or nowadas Maxell, which isn't exactly Verbatim, but it's good enough.

Thanks for the advice, I will try the USB Loader.

And sorry for bumping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new