Hacking Help with some things (Sky3DS)

Fire_Slasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there people of GBATemp, I need some help with Sky3ds, what brand of card are you sky3ds owners using? I'm using a samsung evo 64gb but I had save issues with some games, like I save and when I go back to play it it reverts to a previous save, this only happened with persona Q (which thankfully lets you save to sd card so it wasn't a problem just a small annoyance) and my first Tales of the Abyss save was wiped out completely (that is after saving once), and one game in particular keeps crashing at random: Theathrythm: Curtain Call.

So I saw some threads here and it could be because it's a samsung card, according to some people Sandisk Ultra class 10 seem to work fine with sky but I'm on the fence if I should buy a sandisk one, any insight/help you can give me is much appreciated, thanks.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Samsung EVO 64GB should be fine if it's genuine. You have to in another game to restore savedata to your wanted game then switch to that game to load save. Otherwise, you can try to hold the blue button and insert Sky3DS at the same time, the card will reset its current game to empty then try to reinsert Sky3DS then switch to wanted game.

I haven't had any issue with your mentioned games. I'm using Samsung PRO 32GB and previously used Sandisk Extreme Pro 16GB, all from original stores.

Fire_Slasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Samsung EVO 64GB should be fine if it's genuine. You have to in another game to restore savedata to your wanted game then switch to that game to load save. Otherwise, you can try to hold the blue button and insert Sky3DS at the same time, the card will reset its current game to empty then try to reinsert Sky3DS then switch to wanted game.

I haven't had any issue with your mentioned games. I'm using Samsung PRO 32GB and previously used Sandisk Extreme Pro 16GB, all from original stores.

Hmm I see, I will try that if the save issue happens again, seeing as only Curtain Call crashes it could be the rom file, I will try to download from a different source later.

Reactions: thaikhoa

fishkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i use sandisk ultra 32GB here and yeah it happens to me also on Bravely default (savegame reverts) for savegame that been wipe out seems like happen after i changed my template...thats why i backup my games once a day at night when i recharged my 3ds...

Reactions: Fire_Slasher

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once your cone playing the game and quit out make sure to change games THEN backup your data. The reason you want to change your game is that is when sky saves your game.

Reactions: Fire_Slasher

Fire_Slasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I found a MarkVision Class 6 16GB lying around at home and decided to give it a spin, voila! Curtain Call and Bravely Deafult no longer have random crashes and they play flawless on that card. Guess I will leave those 2 games on that card and switch to samsung when I wanna play something else. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night