Hacking Help with Region Free Disc Loading?

solid278

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've been searching around for a while now and haven't found an answer. Apologies if I just didn't look hard enough!

I just imported my first WiiU game, and went ahead and hacked my WiiU using the Haxchi method. I expected it to be patched automatically into a region free mode, but apparently that's just for installed games, and not for discs, as my out-of-region disc doesn't work in Haxchi mode (all other functions of homebrew seem to work though). I've tried OurLoader, though I know it's an older method, but every time I launch it from Homebrew Launcher, it just... reboots Homebrew Launcher. I've heard about Regionhax, but it seems somewhat complicated to set up, and the tutorials reference things that seem to be older to the WiiU scene (such as fw.img), so I'm not sure how to go about setting it up.

So, does anyone know how I can get region free disc loading to work? I'd imagine it would be simple if I could just get OurLoader to actually boot!

Thank you!

solid278

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working! For anyone curious: Apparently OurLoader doesn't work with Homebrew Channel when it'slaunched as a channel proper. I had to boot it through Haxchi and it worked flawlessly. That said, if anyone has any advice on getting Regionhax to work, I'd love to hear it, if it's an easier method (though honestly this one isn't too bad).

PlugoffGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you please tell me how you did that? did you load haxchi through the homebrew channel? or from the Wii U menu, because i don't know how to load haxchi from the Wii U menu. i open it and the music is there and then a blank screen while music still playing. do i like have to press A while i open it? i really need help making my Wii U region free and would appreciate any help i can get

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol