Help with R4DS PRO?!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by TotalNEW-B, Aug 4, 2009.

Aug 4, 2009

Help with R4DS PRO?! by TotalNEW-B at 4:58 AM (1,619 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Newcomer TotalNEW-B Member

Canada
    As my name suggests, I am a newb at these things - and when I tried to use the Cheat.dat file compilation from the m.c.c. it allowed my R4DS PRO to say the "No cheats found" - (which is actually an improvement, usually when I try to put cheats it has nothing as if I never clicked 'y') well, so, I looked why it had no cheats, clearly in the cheat list there was a "Rhythm Heaven U" cheat but the DS still didn't find it - at least it tried this time. Well, I tried the R4 kernel patching method and promptly imput it into the R4bugfixer program exe. or etc. and it gave a "Error: file not nds" - which is really weird.... it's not supposed to. so I tried to use a pre patched DS menu file from the link given and it didn't even let me start my R4 - so... since I still can't beat Remix 10 of Rhythm is there something I'm doing wrong or is my clone and my lack of rhythm just utter hopeless at the moment?? PLS REPLY - I was plannin on asking on the MCC thread, but I tried and it's a closed topic - or since I am a newb, I don't know how.

2. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Try using YSMenu for your R4 Clone, it is a better alternative.

3. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    as you can see the thread is LOCKED/CLOSED
    i consider info from that thread as outdated but should be useful for newbies like you

quick solution
    get r4cce

4. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Canada
    So, the YSmenu should work on my clone? If I get the YSmenu, can I use the cheat.dat that I origanally downl. for the R4Pro (which was the one Massive Cheat Comp file btw) or do I need a different version for it? and - um, where do I get the YS menu?

5. elixirdream

Malaysia
  6. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Canada
    Sorry for bein sucha newb and all, but, how can I make a YSmenu? and um, I'd go and delete it but my comp seems to lag whenever I try to remove parts of that DAT, so, if just making a new menu will work, I'd rather do that =/

7. elixirdream

Malaysia
  8. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Canada
    Ok - while this thread has died and gone, I went and tried to make/use w.e. a YSmenu - to no avail, I may have messed up or sumthin, sooo - im doin plan 2 - from what some have said - If i delete games from the Massive C.D. my R4 should be able to read it?? I'm fed up wid this game and goddang it im willin to cheat -__-

OH BTW, = um, Elixir, if use that - wat do i do after i download it? put it anywhere in my R4? do i take out the other menu (name escapes me right now)?

"R4YSauto is a batch file to create a working YSMenu distribution easily. Extract R4YSauto to some folder, copy the YSMenu zipfile to it and run r4.bat. That's about everything you have to do! To automate the process, you can use r4config.bat. It can also convert your old configuration files to a new format." - do i do this inside the r4? or well, im very confused - can some one clear this up in the terms like "take it out, run this run that, place ____ in the R4 - then use it" without the technical addatives like automating processes or etc. =/ PLS AND THX

9. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Canada
    OK< so just CCE'd the database to the slim 73 games - and IT STILL DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!! GAH! ok - is there any reason it wont still work now?

10. elixirdream

Malaysia
    ok
    a quick one
    launch the 73 game database you have
    SAVE as .xml
    then create new
    import .xml
    item - all games on
    check cheat enable
    check encrypt file
    SAVE as type R4 DB - cheat.dat

EDIT:- if cheat.dat doesn't work then save as usrcheat.dat and don't check encrypt file

11. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Canada
    "then create new
    import .xml" - from??? oh and isnt xml for a diff type of flash cart? (damn, I hate the only place near here sells only R4's right now [​IMG] - wish I ebayed for an Ace)

12. elixirdream

Malaysia
    don't worry
    just save as .xml and import as .xml then save as usrcheat.dat or cheat.dat as i mentioned above

dealextreme... thats where you can get cheap ak2

i am going out .. if any problem post at this thread http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24

13. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Canada
    OK, thx, making alot more sense - but import it were? Do u mean copy it into the R4 then change the name? or import or load it into CCE? - (while i ponder options and your help - ill be lookin for an Ace [​IMG])

14. elixirdream

Malaysia
    thats an option to IMPORT on r4cce

File - Import

15. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Canada
    THX , Ill see if it works now

16. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Canada
    NO luck. I followed it, and the cheat.dat did the same thing in my first post - it showed "NO CHEATS FOUND" while I made sure there was for the games I had, but wen I put the usrcheat.dat with no encrypt as you said nothing popped up, - so

Im guessing cheat.dat is right, but how come it wont find any of the cheats, I KNOW is in the database?

17. elixirdream

Malaysia
    rhytmn tengoku right? how about other games?

i am not sure how r4dspro works but some r4 requires you to enable cheat/enable gamenu on the cheat menu?

18. TotalNEW-B
    OP

Canada
    OK, so, - bak to square one, I tried wat u did already, no luck. With cheat.dat, it says "No Cheats Found" with usr it doesnt do anything, ... is there a reason and fix for the fact that it cant find cheats for ones i left cheats for? The massive cheats database has been skinned again to 50, soo thats not it.

PLS< ANY1 HELLLLLPPPPPP - so pissed at this game righ now [​IMG]