titan2997

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Hi everyone,

I'm a new PS4 user, please be patient towards my hacking skills :blush:.

First of all I want to thank y'all for considering my thread :yay:. So, my problem is my Slim PS4 (7.50) having USB ports issue. It can't read external HDD or USB devices, but recognizes USB controllers. The guaranty is expired and I can't afford to have my PS4 repaired.

I've done some researches about installing PKG via FTP, but all I could find was involving RPI installation via USB, and obsolete infinix payload (I tried to inject via bin loader, it's always crashing).
I'm not even sure RPI can be installed on 7.5x. But I was wondering if I could try installing RPI from Internal HDD with this method : flatz.github.io (first paragraph after "The actual method").
As I'm this good at programation :nayps3: , can someone show me step by step how to implement RPI on my PS4 with FTP? Or any other way to do such a thing. I was also thinking about making infinix payload work for 7.5x.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Last edited by titan2997,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One possible way would be for someone to make a profile backup which has RPI installed and then you install that backup onto your PS4.
The downside to this would be that your PS4 would be wiped when you restore this profile but at least you would have RPI on your PS4 and you could go on installing fake pkg games using RPI from then on.

EDIT: Sorry, forget this idea. You would need a USB to restore the profile backup so it would not work for you.

Last edited by Leeful,

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way and faster way if you have interne at home:
Install on your pc PS4 PACKAGE SENDER 1.06( you need to place your ps4 IP address and leave your network on in your ps4)
your PS4 console install remote package installer
make sure to turn your antivirus off before do anything.
Leave the remote package installer open in your psa4, then go to your pc and place games, updates or dlc in your package sender application running on your pc..
Do not use WIFI, use Lan cable from modem to ps4.
I cant use any links in here, go to YouTube and check for some videos doing that. You can transfer 80 gb game in 7 minutes.

titan2997

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
One possible way would be for someone to make a profile backup which has RPI installed and then you install that backup onto your PS4.
The downside to this would be that your PS4 would be wiped when you restore this profile but at least you would have RPI on your PS4 and you could go on installing fake pkg games using RPI from then on.

EDIT: Sorry, forget this idea. You would need a USB to restore the profile backup so it would not work for you.

Yeah thank you, I saw that method a few days ago and I was wondering if it's possible to backup and restore from ftp, cloud or something like that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Best way and faster way if you have interne at home:
Install on your pc PS4 PACKAGE SENDER 1.06( you need to place your ps4 IP address and leave your network on in your ps4)
your PS4 console install remote package installer
make sure to turn your antivirus off before do anything.
Leave the remote package installer open in your psa4, then go to your pc and place games, updates or dlc in your package sender application running on your pc..
Do not use WIFI, use Lan cable from modem to ps4.
I cant use any links in here, go to YouTube and check for some videos doing that. You can transfer 80 gb game in 7 minutes.

Thank you for your answer. But as far as I know, PS4 PKG Sender by FrostySo needs to connect via Remote Package Installer on PS4, right? And that's the main problem, I don't have RPI on my PS4 and I can't install it via USB :(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a bit of a stretch, but try plugging in a usb flash drive fat32 or exfat, then going into ftp and searching for iirc mnt/usb0 (at least for the left usb port). see if it's even detected by the system's mounting system. if it does work, ftp the ps4 pkg sender pkg (never used it, so I don't know), to the flash drive. check the byte size to see if they're correct. now, if that works, try to install the pkg.

titan2997

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
this is a bit of a stretch, but try plugging in a usb flash drive fat32 or exfat, then going into ftp and searching for iirc mnt/usb0 (at least for the left usb port). see if it's even detected by the system's mounting system. if it does work, ftp the ps4 pkg sender pkg (never used it, so I don't know), to the flash drive. check the byte size to see if they're correct. now, if that works, try to install the pkg.

Ok I tried but I can't see anything in usb0, even after copynig RPI.
I suspected dead power supply for USB ports, then I tried to plug my HDD with an external power supply, but same results.

I really hope there's a payload like infinix for 7.5x

EDIT : I see "package downloader" and "add content manager" in Debug settings>Game, I wonder if it could help.

Last edited by titan2997,

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tried but I can't see anything in usb0, even after copynig RPI.
I suspected dead power supply for USB ports, then I tried to plug my HDD with an external power supply, but same results.

I really hope there's a payload like infinix for 7.5x

EDIT : I see "package downloader" and "add content manager" in Debug settings>Game, I wonder if it could help.
Is your ps4 able to connect to internet by itself or no? that all you need, a LAN cable connected on same connection your pc has.
plug the lan cable from ps4 to and empty port of your modem.

titan2997

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Is your ps4 able to connect to internet by itself or no? that all you need, a LAN cable connected on same connection your pc has.
plug the lan cable from ps4 to and empty port of your modem.

I'm on internet and I have ftp server from goldhen. In pkg sender, I see "connected" in connection status, but when I try to install a pkg, I got "Failed - Couldn't connect to RPI. Check your firewall settings or ensure that the application is running".

I think pkg sender is just a GUI on PC for flatz's RPI, which I need to install on PS4 first.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on internet and I have ftp server from goldhen. In pkg sender, I see "connected" in connection status, but when I try to install a pkg, I got "Failed - Couldn't connect to RPI. Check your firewall settings or ensure that the application is running".

I think pkg sender is just a GUI on PC for flatz's RPI, which I need to install on PS4 first.

NOOOOOO, I told you: ( you dont need FTP or anything else to do this)
Also, do not run any other app in your pc, close any other programs 0
1- connect the lan cable from your ps4 to modem
2- connect your pc via lan cable also from your modem(do not use WIFI, both your pc and PS4 must be connected via LAN cable from your modem)
3- turn network on in your ps4
4- open remote package installer on your ps4 and leave open( do not close it)
5- open package sender 1.06 in your pc:
turn you antivirus off before open the app in your pc.
server IP:192.168.1.26
PS4 IP: your ps4 IP address
6- place games, updates or dlc in the package sender 1.06 window( do not matter the order you place them, the program will automatically install games, updates and dlc in correct order)
7- press process queue to start the process.

Last edited by magico29,

DariusEvans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2- connect your pc via lan cable also from your modem(do not use WIFI, both your pc and PS4 must be connected via LAN cable from your modem)
6- place games, updates or dlc in the package sender 1.06 window( do not matter the order you place them, the program will automatically install games, updates and dlc in correct order)
he CAN'T since he can't install RPI (remote Package Intasller) we are trying to find a way for hiim to be able to install RPI, hes usb are busted so he cant normaly install it

Reactions: Leeful and magico29

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about ftp, but it won't work. the app has to be added to the database, so I thought of the database rebuilder. however, that still won't work as there are around 5 files created inside the app's folder, such as I think the cos.xml, which is some sort of checksum file. I think the wii u uses them as well. if you mess it up, the app won't open.

the database rebuilder may also use the param.sfo from the system_data partition, but I can't remember. you can find out for sure by looking in the python script (external hdd stuff goes in the external folder).

titan2997

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm stucked on step 4 as I don't have RPI on my PS4 :cry:

I thought about ftp, but it won't work. the app has to be added to the database, so I thought of the database rebuilder. however, that still won't work as there are around 5 files created inside the app's folder, such as I think the cos.xml, which is some sort of checksum file. I think the wii u uses them as well. if you mess it up, the app won't open.

the database rebuilder may also use the param.sfo from the system_data partition, but I can't remember. you can find out for sure by looking in the python script (external hdd stuff goes in the external folder).

It seems really interesting but you lost me since database stuff :rolleyes:
From our exchanges I see it's hopeless for now. I sent my PS4 for reparation, for 40 USD it's actually worthy.

Thank y'all :yayps3:

Reactions: godreborn

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm stucked on step 4 as I don't have RPI on my PS4 :cry:

It seems really interesting but you lost me since database stuff :rolleyes:
From our exchanges I see it's hopeless for now. I sent my PS4 for reparation, for 40 USD it's actually worthy.

Thank y'all :yayps3:
But I told you what to install on both pc and your ps4, You are welcome.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I thought of using the db rebuilder too but there are also the rif (licence) files to consider.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought of using the db rebuilder too but there are also the rif (licence) files to consider.

I don't know how the rif is derived, but I think it might be from the license.dat in the SC portion of the pkg image, so it may still work. on the vita, you can use uri calls to call the package function in idu mode, then install the package with qcma, but it does require the license be in the right location.

btw, uri calls use code injected into the browser itself.

Reactions: Leeful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't do that he'll cry and tell you to listen to him instead