PS1/2 Help with PS2 game burning!

Project_Zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help. I want to convert a .bin & .cue to ISO so that i can burn it and play it on my PS2. I use swap magic. Lately im having a ton of trouble burning a certain game and have went through 5 discs.

Kamen Rider Kabuto.

Is there anyway i can burn this game to make it work with swap magic? Do I have to patch it with ESR patch thing? Please help me!

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ESR has nothing to do with swap magic. Unless you're booting games from ESR, there's no need to patch it, actually, patching it will probably make it unreadable by swap magic

As for bin and cue, u can just mount the cue and burn it, i think imgburn allows you to do that.

Project_Zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
ESR has nothing to do with swap magic. Unless you're booting games from ESR, there's no need to patch it, actually, patching it will probably make it unreadable by swap magic

As for bin and cue, u can just mount the cue and burn it, i think imgburn allows you to do that.

I am going to try mounting the .cue. Is there more to it or just mount the .cue and burn to dvd?

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Are you burning on a CD or a DVD? This game must be burnt on a CD that must be why you are having problems. Theres ways to convert to DVD but I have been very unsuccessful to do this myself with TETRIS WORLDS. But then again I don't have a swap magic just FreeMCBOOT.

Project_Zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sao Mortel said:
Are you burning on a CD or a DVD? This game must be burnt on a CD that must be why you are having problems. Theres ways to convert to DVD but I have been very unsuccessful to do this myself with TETRIS WORLDS. But then again I don't have a swap magic just FreeMCBOOT.

DVD.

I didnt know you can burn PS2 games onto CD-R. Is there a guide as to how to go about that? Or is it just like burning it to a DVD?

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Project_Zero said:
Sao Mortel said:

DVD.

I didnt know you can burn PS2 games onto CD-R. Is there a guide as to how to go about that? Or is it just like burning it to a DVD?
Well that all depends on if the original game is a dvd or a cd. Better and quicker to use the same as the original. Some PS2 games are CDs.
hope it helps.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ImgBurn should actually warn you that you are burning to the wrong type of media before you burn. Just put in a CD-R and burn it like you would a DVD-/+R.

There were a few games that were on CD originally for PS2 but many were rips of DVD games that were patched to verify on a CD.

Also for further troubleshooting CD/DVDloader with an additional swap disc usually allows running of problematic games (note that the swap disc must be a legit PS2 CD or DVD game).

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
ImgBurn should actually warn you that you are burning to the wrong type of media before you burn. Just put in a CD-R and burn it like you would a DVD-/+R.

There were a few games that were on CD originally for PS2 but many were rips of DVD games that were patched to verify on a CD.

Also for further troubleshooting CD/DVDloader with an additional swap disc usually allows running of problematic games (note that the swap disc must be a legit PS2 CD or DVD game).
This is all true. Is your PS2 modded in any way?

Project_Zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the information. My PS2 is a slim, i modded it by blocking all 3 sensors, and got swap magic.

Im going to try burning to a CD-R with IMGburn and see if i can resolve it like that.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I would try freemcboot and see if ESR would run it. Then you you would have to use the ESR patcher. That takes all of like a 3 seconds to do though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol