Homebrew Help with Pokémon AS save

ViktorM17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm on a pretty hard situation right now and I'd love if someone could help me.

So, while waiting for my Pokémon Moon to arrive I decided to beat Alpha Sapphire again, and obviously not wanting to lose all the stuff I had on the game I inserted the SD card on my computer and copied everything, planning to start a new Alpha Sapphire game and beat it again just to pass the time then paste the files of my old game back on the SD card to have my old saved data back again when I get bored/when I get Pokémon Moon

On paper, it sounded like a great idea for me (hacking newbie/no experience at all), but I didn't know that Pokémon has a save system that works like Animal Crossing's, meaning that the old save data won't be compatible with my system anymore if I start a new one.

I researched a bit and found a solution to have my old saved data back, but it seems like it involves using Homebrew/Save Data Manager/Hex Editor to make the system accept my the old data again.

My question is: is there any easier/another way to put my old Pokémon Alpha Sapphire saved data back on the 3DS? Or if the Homebrew/Save Data Manager is in fact my only option, what would be the easier way to install it on my 3DS? (Firmware 11.2 -35.u)

Thanks for the attention!

Last edited by ViktorM17,
Reactions: CaptainSwag101

CaptainSwag101

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
If you currently have a working Homebrew entrypoint, I would definitely recommend using a save data manager, as it will likely make things a lot easier. Is your copy of Alpha Sapphire on a cartridge, or from the eShop?

Reactions: ViktorM17

ViktorM17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you currently have a working Homebrew entrypoint, I would definitely recommend using a save data manager, as it will likely make things a lot easier. Is your copy of Alpha Sapphire on a cartridge, or from the eShop?
That's my issue, I don't have a Homebrew entrypoint and it seems like I need one to use the save data manager to make the 3DS accept my old saved data again. My copy is from the eShop.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's my issue, I don't have a Homebrew entrypoint and it seems like I need one to use the save data manager to make the 3DS accept my old saved data again. My copy is from the eShop.
If you just have your save data copied from the Nintendo3DS folder on your SD, I don't think there's anything that you can do. I believe save data managers can only restore save files that were backed up via homebrew. Could you share a link to the solution you found?

ViktorM17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just have your save data copied from the Nintendo3DS folder on your SD, I don't think there's anything that you can do. I believe save data managers can only restore save files that were backed up via homebrew. Could you share a link to the solution you found?
https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/3bb6kr/recovering_a_game_sav_file_help/
This guy had a very similar problem except he lost his Animal Crossing saved data, but the circumstances are the same. I scrolled down and found out he posted a guide which is apparently my only hope.

EDIT: Also, I don't only have my Alpha Sapphire saved data, I copied the entire 'Nintendo 3DS' folder to my PC (that one with dbs, extdata, title, etc...) before deleting my old AS saved data on the 3DS and starting a new game.

Last edited by ViktorM17,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/3bb6kr/recovering_a_game_sav_file_help/
This guy had a very similar problem except he lost his Animal Crossing saved data, but the circumstances are the same. I scrolled down and found out he posted a guide which is apparently my only hope.
Okay, reading through this solution, you should be able to use save_manager, svdt, or JKSV to solve your problem. You'll need to have homebrew access to use these, though this is tricky on 11.2. Here is a list of homebrew entrypoints and what versions they work on. If you have a New 3DS and an older copy of Smash Bros., you can use smashbroshax. If you have Freakyforms Deluxe or Cubic Ninja you can use one of those. However, I would recommend grabbing a cartridge copy of OoT3D and a Powersaves device, as this would be easier and cheaper to obtain. Sadly there's no way to access homebrew 'for free' on 11.2.

ViktorM17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, reading through this solution, you should be able to use save_manager, svdt, or JKSV to solve your problem. You'll need to have homebrew access to use these, though this is tricky on 11.2. Here is a list of homebrew entrypoints and what versions they work on. If you have a New 3DS and an older copy of Smash Bros., you can use smashbroshax. If you have Freakyforms Deluxe or Cubic Ninja you can use one of those. However, I would recommend grabbing a cartridge copy of OoT3D and a Powersaves device, as this would be easier and cheaper to obtain. Sadly there's no way to access homebrew 'for free' on 11.2.
I see, so the Homebrew is indeed my only option. Does the Smash Bros. one currently only works for the New 3DS? It might be easy to get this one (the game), more than OoT3D and the Powersave device.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I see, so the Homebrew is indeed my only option. Does the Smash Bros. one currently only works for the New 3DS? It might be easy to get this one (the game), more than OoT3D and the Powersave device.
Smashbroshax only works for N3DS. It's the trickiest to use: here's a tutorial.

Even so, I recommend using Powersaves + OoT3D; you may find more use of it in the future as well.

ViktorM17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smashbroshax only works for N3DS. It's the trickiest to use: here's a tutorial.

Even so, I recommend using Powersaves + OoT3D; you may find more use of it in the future as well.
I'll see if I can get what is needed (can't really afford buying all of this at the moment) and keep an eye out in case any easier options show up for the 11.2 version.

Thank you so much for the help, everyone!!

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd say the primary exploits being stickerhax (i think), freakyhax and ninjahax, OR get OoT and a powersaves, its in the nintendo select for like 20 dollars or something :) and powersaves is like 13-18 dollars
Stickerhax isn't primary: it requires another 3DS with homebrew access.

ViktorM17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question: if I can pay someone here to hack/unblock my 3DS and install FBI/Cia (don't really know a lot about this), that program which allows you to download the games by QR codes or something like that, would it be a better option and would it allow me to manage the save files too, like the Homebrew?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Another question: if I can pay someone here to hack/unblock my 3DS and install FBI/Cia (don't really know a lot about this), that program which allows you to download the games by QR codes or something like that, would it be a better option and would it allow me to manage the save files too, like the Homebrew?
It doesn't really work like that. You're thinking of paying someone to hardmod your 3DS, which is one method for downgrading it. If you're going to pay money, you're better off just getting OoT3D and a Powersaves; all you need is userland homebrew access, so it wouldn't be 'a better option'.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
It doesn't really work like that. You're thinking of paying someone to hardmod your 3DS, which is one method for downgrading it. If you're going to pay money, you're better off just getting OoT3D and a Powersaves; all you need is userland homebrew access, so it wouldn't be 'a better option'.

It's down to the person, they'd have more benefits than negatives to have CFW

ViktorM17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going with this one then. I researched about homebrew and saw that some methods are no longer working. As I said, I might not be able to get everything I need for the Oot3D hax at the moment, so, do you think this method is gonna be around for a while?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

It's down to the person, they'd have more benefits than negatives to have CFW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-