Help with jailbreaking switch

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
is it maybe because i dont have the sigpatches on my sd card that it is just going to the black screen after launching fusee.bin?

If you do not have atmosphere files set up on your sd card, then fusee will not work. Fusee is to boot up atmosphere.

Also, you need not do it by running fusee through hekate. You can go to CFW through the "launch" menu BUT only after you have set up atmosphere (including emunand if that's your choice).

On the contrary, it's the opposite of what you said. You need a modified version of fusee to go with sigpatches.

ZeldaGamer1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not have atmosphere files set up on your sd card, then fusee will not work. Fusee is to boot up atmosphere.

Also, you need not do it by running fusee through hekate. You can go to CFW through the "launch" menu BUT only after you have set up atmosphere (including emunand if that's your choice).

On the contrary, it's the opposite of what you said. You need a modified version of fusee to go with sigpatches.
i have atmosphere on my sd card though
Post automatically merged:

wait do i have to have a 64gb sd card?

i currently have a 8gb sd card in

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Then it's likely you have set up atmopshere wrongly.

But before that, I missed the part where you said you don't mind running cfw on sysnand. Are you sure about it? If you intend to engage in piracy, you need to do it on emunand to avoid bans. If you don't, then even sigpatches are not needed.

In which case, sysnand is even easier to set up:

https://rentry.org/EristaSysNAND

This is a very important choice that you have to make first as the steps for the two vary. Also, you have to decide if you want to put your switch on AutoRCM. Personally, I don't because of the battery drain.

ZeldaGamer1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i do set up sysnand can i change my mind later and switch the emunand?

if i do set up sysnand can i change my mind later and switch the emunand?
switch to*

Also by the way, what I used to set it up was JITS

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ok, so then it would just be safer to set up emunand?

In general, yes. I personally do it on sysnand but my activities on it are strictly limited to games that I own, hekate (for checking battery stats) and edizon (for cheats and save file extraction). I have been doing it for 5 years without a ban, no prodinfo blanking or dnsmitm even. If your intended usage profile is like mine, you may consider doing it on sysnand as well but be aware that the risk is always present as nintendo may suddenly change their minds one day.

ZeldaGamer1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is this so complicated-

1718850665345.png

This is what i have in the sd card

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
why is this so complicated-

Welcome to the world of CFW, it comes with the territory :grog:

You will have to get used to the fact that anything we do that is outside of normal switch functionality carries risk, the difference being the degree of it. I suggest you read up more on it first and decide the degree of risk you are willing to tolerate. Even I took a calculated risk of running sysnand only after I read the tweet of the atmosphere dev about not being banned despite having used CFW sysnand for so long. I decided that my risk profile was similar (arguably lesser even) to the atmosphere dev so I took the plunge into sysnand.

This is not something you should rush blindly into.

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
but again, even for it to run does the sd card have to be 64gb?

If you are asking whether it has to be exactly 64, then no. If you are asking whether it has to be at least 64, that I'm not sure, sorry. But the logic behind a larger sd card would be due to emunand essentially being a clone of your sysnand. That already takes up 32gb if memory serves. If you have too little space, you are not going to be able to store much games on it.

If you are running on sysnand, then you definitely could make do with smaller.

ZeldaGamer1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are asking whether it has to be exactly 64, then no. If you are asking whether it has to be at least 64, that I'm not sure, sorry. But the logic behind a larger sd card would be due to emunand essentially being a clone of your sysnand. That already takes up 32gb if memory serves. If you have too little space, you are not going to be able to store much games on it.

If you are running on sysnand, then you definitely could make do with smaller.
ok, i ordered a 128gb sd card so ill have to wait til tomorrow. thanks for the help! i might text on here again and tell you if it worked or not.

Reactions: Lumpofcoal

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ok, i ordered a 128gb sd card so ill have to wait til tomorrow. thanks for the help! i might text on here again and tell you if it worked or not.

No prob. By the way, have you tried injecting fusee.bin through tegra to see if it boots into atmosphere? That's how I boot mine. It doesn't have to be done through hekate.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Follow the guide that you were linked to. Step by step. Word for word. There's no point in posting more until you've done so. Your main problem is using an AIO package like jits. You now have no clue what you're doing. You learn about what's going on when you do it yourself using the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Black unmarked vans with red writing, will come to your house again if you do.