Help with Haxchi problem

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by VihKun, Sep 10, 2019.

1. VihKun
    OP

VihKun Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    Portugal
    So today I bought a hacked Nintendo Wii U and I don't really know how it works. When I start the console I can launch games from an external HDD that came with the console. I also have an icon saying "Haxchi" on the main screen so I think it has Haxchi installed. When I launch the Haxchi app the console gives me an error -3, and also the Nintendo Wii U came without a SD card. Do I need a SD card with specific files to launch the Haxchi app? I'm new to this type of things. Thank you for your time :/

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Ehm...-3 means the hb launcher is missing iirc.

3. VihKun
    OP

VihKun Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    Portugal
    So what am I supposed to do?

4. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    https://wiiu.hacks.guide
    follow the "extract" parts of the guide. do not install anything. If you see the word "install", skip that

5. VihKun
    OP

VihKun Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    Portugal
    When I run the Haxchi channel it now goes to Homebrew Channel, wasn't it supposed to enter CFW?

Missingphy likes this.
  6. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    It depends on the config.txt configuration when haxchi was installed.
    If it was the default one you should keep A pressed while launching haxchi.. and keep it pressed until it comes back to wii u menu.
    if you don't know what is your config.txt configuration, you can install haxchi again. it will overwrite the file.
    you can also customize your config.txt.

7. VihKun
    OP

VihKun Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    Portugal
    How do I install Haxchi again without the ds game? Or does it use the already installed Haxchi as "ds game"?
    EDIT: Since it is a second hand console it comes with the account of the old owner, is there any way of deleting Haxchi with the old owner data and hacking the Wii U from scratch?

Last edited by VihKun, Sep 10, 2019
  8. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    yes

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you can delete haxchi from the system settings. just verify you do not have CBHC installed or else, goodbye wii u

PoiRan likes this.
  9. VihKun
    OP

VihKun Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    Portugal
    How do I verify if I have CBHC installed?

10. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    if booting the console the wii u splash screen gets interrupted with a black screen which says "autobooting" then you have cbhc, if not, feel free to delete haxchi

11. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    If you delete the previous account you will then have to purchase another ds game to get Haxchi back so you're effectively losing your hack and would have to do the browser exploit or again purchased another ds game.

12. VihKun
    OP

VihKun Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    Portugal
    One last question, if I update my console system firmware do I lose Haxchi? Because I wanted to try online play and my Wii U is on v5.5.3 (Last EU version is v5.5.4).

13. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    i suggest first uninstalling haxchi, the updating, and then reinstalling haxchi. you can do what you asked but it is more risky

14. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Actually there is no risk to updating, the only way you'll lose Haxchi is if you format.

Missingphy likes this.