Hacking Help with Haxchi problem

VihKun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So today I bought a hacked Nintendo Wii U and I don't really know how it works. When I start the console I can launch games from an external HDD that came with the console. I also have an icon saying "Haxchi" on the main screen so I think it has Haxchi installed. When I launch the Haxchi app the console gives me an error -3, and also the Nintendo Wii U came without a SD card. Do I need a SD card with specific files to launch the Haxchi app? I'm new to this type of things. Thank you for your time :/

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
It depends on the config.txt configuration when haxchi was installed.
If it was the default one you should keep A pressed while launching haxchi.. and keep it pressed until it comes back to wii u menu.
if you don't know what is your config.txt configuration, you can install haxchi again. it will overwrite the file.
you can also customize your config.txt.

VihKun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do I install Haxchi again without the ds game? Or does it use the already installed Haxchi as "ds game"?
EDIT: Since it is a second hand console it comes with the account of the old owner, is there any way of deleting Haxchi with the old owner data and hacking the Wii U from scratch?

Last edited by VihKun,
D

Deleted User

When I run the Haxchi channel it now goes to Homebrew Channel, wasn't it supposed to enter CFW?
yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do I install Haxchi again without the ds game? Or does it use the already installed Haxchi as "ds game"?
EDIT: Since it is a second hand console it comes with the account of the old owner, is there any way of deleting Haxchi with the old owner data and hacking the Wii U from scratch?
you can delete haxchi from the system settings. just verify you do not have CBHC installed or else, goodbye wii u

Reactions: PoiRan
D

Deleted User

How do I verify if I have CBHC installed?
if booting the console the wii u splash screen gets interrupted with a black screen which says "autobooting" then you have cbhc, if not, feel free to delete haxchi

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you delete the previous account you will then have to purchase another ds game to get Haxchi back so you're effectively losing your hack and would have to do the browser exploit or again purchased another ds game.

VihKun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if booting the console the wii u splash screen gets interrupted with a black screen which says "autobooting" then you have cbhc, if not, feel free to delete haxchi
One last question, if I update my console system firmware do I lose Haxchi? Because I wanted to try online play and my Wii U is on v5.5.3 (Last EU version is v5.5.4).

D

Deleted User

One last question, if I update my console system firmware do I lose Haxchi? Because I wanted to try online play and my Wii U is on v5.5.3 (Last EU version is v5.5.4).
i suggest first uninstalling haxchi, the updating, and then reinstalling haxchi. you can do what you asked but it is more risky

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Damn