ROM Hack help with hack injection or something

Ironknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dont actually want to downgrade, but people click on noob posts more often than on posts with actual problems, I need help with a VC game, sorry for the shitpost-clickbait title, but this is pretty urgent, as I go on vacation tomorrow and I wont have a PC to continue trying. I have a problem, I injected a german pokemon firered hack called "Pokemon Violet" into a VC using the tool thats posted here. But when I start the game, I just have a white screen! Can you guys help me out? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ironknight,

Ironknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait is your issue to vc game? Or downgrading?
Also, downgrading 11.0 w/o hardmod requires a previously hacked 3ds and £5.
The issue is the VC. I just used the title as a clickbait to get answers quicker, sorry for that again.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can't downgrade without hardmod to 10.7 or below sorry for the bad news.
Besides:
Maybe the resutling gba game was patched to not use SRAM saving, that prevents it sometimes from booting, had a similar problem with Dokapon Monster Hunter, great game.

Last edited by Wuigi,

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can't downgrade without hardmod to 10.7 or below sorry for the bad news.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for the shitpost-clickbait title, but this is pretty urgent, as I go on vacation tomorrow and I wont have a PC to continue trying. I have a problem, I injected a german pokemon firered hack called "Pokemon Violet" into a VC using the tool thats posted here. But when I start the game, I just have a white screen! Can you guys help me out? Thanks in advance!
What happens if you play the hack on your pc

Ironknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

What happens if you play the hack on your pc
It works with VBA, but only if I change the save type to flash 128k, which isnt an avaliable option in the footer generator.

Also its kinda saddening to see that I get more answers to a shitposty-clickbait title in one minute, than on the same post with my problem in the title in 2 hours (which were zero).

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be the best choice to get a clean firered dump from your legitimately owned copy and to apply the patch to it.
Then the patched savetype should be gone.
For comparison you can also use gbata with firered patched and unpatched, maybe that helps.
Additionally:
The save type of pokemon games is not available in ambassador and therefore the patching programm does not know how to handle it.
I read that patching it to use half the space may work, as pokemon has ~ size used for backup in case of problems during saving.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Ironknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The cia isnt legit anymore, which is probably why it doesn't work. Please do not make click baity titles
I have A9LH and Luma, so signatures arent the problem.

It would be the best choice to get a clean firered dump from your legitimately owned copy and to apply the patch to it.
Then the patched savetype should be gone.
For comparison you can also use gbata with firered patched and unpatched, maybe that helps.
I sadly dont have a device to dump the rom from my old GBA cartridge.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I cant downgrade, I need help with a VC game, sorry for the shitpost-clickbait title, but this is pretty urgent, as I go on vacation tomorrow and I wont have a PC to continue trying. I have a problem, I injected a german pokemon firered hack called "Pokemon Violet" into a VC using the tool thats posted here. But when I start the game, I just have a white screen! Can you guys help me out? Thanks in advance!
If you have a 3ds with A9LH on it, go here.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-options-do-we-have-on-11-fw-w-o-hardmod.434512/#post-6531644

It allows you to downgrade without a hardmod.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have A9LH and Luma, so signatures arent the problem.

I sadly dont have a device to dump the rom from my old GBA cartridge.
Did you just admit to have downloaded it? oO
Well then it's up to you to somehow somewhere get it out of that cartridge on your pc.

Ironknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Ironknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even on citragb with N3DS it runs worse than on real hardware, I would not recommend that.
Thats why I want the VC inject, thats basically a GBA in a 3DS

Did you already try what I wrote?
I am interested in the results.
Oh, I overread that, gonna try it now.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually, your title is against the rules
Please make the topic title you are creating descriptive, clearly reflecting the topic you are addressing. Do not make generic titles such as "Question", "I need help", or in full capitals, with an obscene amount of periods, exclamation marks, question marks, etc. These topics will probably go unnoticed, whereas a topic with a descriptive title will gain more interest.
Your title needs to reflect the content you are posting.

Have you tried what this thread suggested?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn