Help with fixing firmware

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TSPhoenix, Nov 8, 2008.

Nov 8, 2008

Help with fixing firmware by TSPhoenix at 12:52 AM (722 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. TSPhoenix
    OP

Member TSPhoenix GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hi, when I try to load homebrew via the twilight hack (ver appropriate for 3.2 and earlier) sometimes it works fine (Tetris, WAD Manager) and the rest of the time it crashes/freezes when loading clusters (Starfall, GeckoOS).

Basically my Wii was in 3.1E, I did the on-disc update for Brawl which should have taken me to 3.2E but it froze mid-update so I cold-rebooted it. Everything was still working fine but the options screen still said 3.1E and Brawl was no longer prompting for updates. It seems I have some kind of partial update which is the only reason I can think of for some homebrew's not loading properly.

My Wii is essentially unmodified other than one WAD I installed using WAD Manager. I downloaded a file called "wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.zip" but I contains an ISO and I don't have chip.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    There is an IOS downgrader you can use to 'downgrade' your wii to 3.2 - basically follow the 3.3 update fix in my signature the guys who wrote it will help you through getting your system back to normal with a few small simple steps

3. TSPhoenix
    OP

Australia
    Kinda stuck on step 2, Twilight Hack freezes at cluster 0987 (same cluster for IOS Downgrader DOL, GeckoOS 1.07b DOL too) when trying to install the homebrew channel.

I used WUFE to pull all the updates off the Brawl disc and installed all the WADs from it one by one, a few of the IOS WADs wouldn't install though and neither would boot2. When I rebooted it seems nothing was different at all.

I'm still totally stuck, all I want to do is install starfall to play my import copy of Dokapon Kingdom. Any other ideas?

4. TSPhoenix
    OP

Australia
    What about renting Wii Music to use the on disc 3.3E v1 update. Will that cause any problems or prevent me from running anything significant?