Hacking help with firecard please

tombox68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all i have just got a 16g firecard but when i put the card in and turn on ds all i get is open xmenu.dat error all the time i do not get any menu that i have read about could someone please help or give me site that will give me step by step on what to do .i have read that you have to put other files on ds but how if i can nt connect to usb ???i have DS Fire Link with the cable and GBA-slot link with the port for the cable. should i have got any software with this as i did not get any

cheers for any help

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The menu ought to come up regardless of the xmenu file. Plug the DS into the computer before turning it on, that should bring the menu up, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Also, it tends to help when you use proper grammar; you come across as less of a noob and make it easier for people to read what you post.

tombox68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have tried that but nothing happens .i have also clean cards ,both cards can be seen when ds is on .do you have tohold any buttons when you turn ds on

cheers

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the DS boots to the DS menu and not directly to the N-Card, no. The last time I recall someone having this problem, it seems like they got it to work after they made sure that the contacts on the card were clean, that they booted to the DS menu first, plugged in the USB cord, and then tried booting the card.

If that doesn't work, try formatting the card and starting again(see N-Card FAQ topic).

ChrisiB

Trophies
XP
Country
Download the latest firmware from the manufactures site, there will be two files xmenu.dat is the important one the other should be disregarded, just place the xmenu.dat file onto the card and it will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one