Homebrew Help with FBI

DragoonFX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys I was installing mhxx with fbi and suddenly it stopped installing so I did a force shutdown(I know how dump I am).
mhxx is 2.2gb and I had 6gb left in my sdcard
but after booting up when I checked my sdcard, it had 2.8gb left but mhxx didn't install so what happened to my extra space??
Can anyone please help me?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys I was installing mhxx with fbi and suddenly it stopped installing so I did a force shutdown(I know how dump I am).
mhxx is 2.2gb and I had 6gb left in my sdcard
but after booting up when I checked my sdcard, it had 2.8gb left but mhxx didn't install so what happened to my extra space??
Can anyone please help me?

That was really dump of u :P

go into FBI find the titleID of the game and delete it

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just use FBI or GM9, go in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, go in the ID0 and ID1 folders inside (the ones with the random character strings as names), then go to titles and delete the folder with the game ID that matches the game. You cancelled the installation without letting FBI delete the data it had unpacked so it's taking up space without being fully installed, deleting the game folder or just reinstalling will fix the issue. Reinstalling after failed install just overwrites the files, so will eventually take up the proper amount of space the game needs, even if it asks for more room at the very start, so don't worry.

Reactions: CoolStarDood
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DragoonFX, crashing FBI during mid-install could indicate your SD card is fake or faulty.
  1. Copy everything off your SD card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat it in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw. Do not skip.
If the result comes back with an error, you'll need to replace the card.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@DragoonFX, crashing FBI during mid-install could indicate your SD card is fake or faulty.
  2. Reformat it in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
I'd say it's much more likely that it was just a bad dump since he only said it happened with this one installation rather than often in general. No reason to always suspect faulty SD card like you do first thing every time, even if half the time it's viable advice:rofl2:

DragoonFX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL bro I am 100% sure mine isn't fake cause I did the steps when I first bought it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just use FBI or GM9, go in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, go in the ID0 and ID1 folders inside (the ones with the random character strings as names), then go to titles and delete the folder with the game ID that matches the game. You cancelled the installation without letting FBI delete the data it had unpacked so it's taking up space without being fully installed, deleting the game folder or just reinstalling will fix the issue. Reinstalling after failed install just overwrites the files, so will eventually take up the proper amount of space the game needs, even if it asks for more room at the very start, so don't worry.
Yeah I tried that too but didn't find the titleid so now I am trying to reinstall it...

Last edited by DragoonFX,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's much more likely that it was just a bad dump since he only said it happened with this one installation rather than often in general. No reason to always suspect faulty SD card like you do first thing every time, even if half the time it's viable advice:rofl2:
The SD card is always guilty of an hardware issue until proven otherwise. If one cannot 100% verify this is the case, nothing else that follows afterward matters when it comes to debugging.

LOL bro I am 100% sure mine isn't fake cause I did the steps when I first bought it
And how would I know this fact until you mentioned it?

How long ago did you buy that card, or how long have you been using it? You do know that SD cards can and do go bad over time, right?

DragoonFX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD card is always guilty of an hardware issue until proven otherwise. If one cannot 100% verify this is the case, nothing else that follows afterward matters when it comes to debugging.

And how would I know this fact until you mentioned it?

How long ago did you buy that card, or how long have you been using it? You do know that SD cards can and do go bad over time, right?
About 1.5 years ago.

Last edited by DragoonFX,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 1.5 years ago.

The game installed fine but I didn't got my space back. Now I am out of options...
I would definitely advise you to continue with copying everything off and checking that *(reformatted & emptied out) card in H2testw before trusting its usage again.

The Title ID for Monster Hunter XX: Double Cross (モンスターハンターダブルクロス) is 0004000000197100.
To reclaim free space, you can manually delete the game at:
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/00197100

To test if your copy of the game is intact,
  • GodMode9 → 0:/.../Monster Hunter XX.ciaCIA Options...Verify file.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    +1
    But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for the devil lol
    With that kind of money might get a Pi5 and an Orange Pi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm hanging up on you if you call me about my bill
    +1
    lol Ken I will be going door to door in Florida fighting off meth addicts lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Att still wants 80 a month
    They just want to reach out and touch your wallet Ken lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They just want to reach out and touch your wallet Ken lol