Help with emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by midnight1001, Jan 18, 2014.

1. midnight1001
    OP

midnight1001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2011
    Ok so I've had some questions about gateway especially emu and for a while now and I've looked for answers but thought it would be easier and quicker to ask...
    Ok so i have a gateway on the way and was wondering how do I play games that require a firmware higher than 4.5 eg. Mario dream team?? Do all games work on the latest firmware and if so does that mean continued support for future games is reliant on the team or does emunand play a role in this or what??
    Secondly in your opinion is emunand safe to use and is it easy to update? Can it be updated whenever a new firmware is released by nintendo?
    Thirdly classic mode is used to play retail cards yes? Does this require emunand and how do I use it to play games like mario dream team?

Thanks is advance for all your help!

2. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    You do NOT need EmuNAND to play any roms. It only enables you to use updated firmware on the SD card without having to update your consoles firmware. Every game works except for a few games that have a special saving mode... this includes Pokemon x/y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf but compatibility for these are going to released in the next firmware. EmuNAND is as easy to update as regular NAND but you must be VERY careful and make sure you only update through settings in the EmuNAND. You probably never want to update the EmuNAND immediately after Nintendo releases a new firmware update as it can cause issues. With 6.3 to 7.0, Gateway had to make some small changes with their launcher for it to work properly.

This faq should answer all your questions:
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_hacking_faq

3. JumpingShadow

JumpingShadow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    France
    I'm asking here because it stays in the same topic, I hope it's ok. Is it possible to update EmuNAND with a cartridge or is there a risk to update SysNAND instead? (I'm planning on playing Pokemon X that I got along with my 3DS but I don't wanna loose my 4.5 so I'm waiting to receive my gateway)