Help with EAH6970 + 6 monitors

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by DaRk_ViVi, Dec 23, 2011.

Dec 23, 2011
  1. DaRk_ViVi
    OP

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    I have a problem with an Asus Ati EAH6970DCII video card: I can't get Eyefinity to work up to 6 monitors!

My configuration is:

5 projectors (VGA or HDMI connection)
    1 Monitor (VGA)

I connected the VGA monitor to one DVI using a DVI to VGA adapter and it works, then I connected 4 projectors to the Display Ports using DP to DVI cable + a DVI to VGA adapter. The other projector is connected to the DVI port using a DVI to VGA adapter.

For sure something is wrong in this, because I can get only one monitor to work while all the projectors are not even recognized by the card.
    If I switch them to the first DVI (of course one by one) they all work!

I have yet to test the HDMI connection, but I have to buy the cables and the adapters so I prefer to ask first!

2. marcus134

Member marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    analog over display port isn't supported by the display port standard. you need an active conversion device, or use hdmi connection.

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I didn't even know EyeFinite was compatible with VGA in the first place.

4. shadowkillerdrag

Member shadowkillerdrag GBAtemp Regular

United States
    http://www.asus.com/websites/global/products/jX64GujNeYxnA4sd/sixmonitor02.jpg
    essentially you can only set up a DVI to VGA monitor with the first dvi slot.
    With the little switch noted by the red circle scwitched in the first position you have to use the 2nd DVI as a DVI only because to utilize the last displayport, the card forces the dvi slot to be single link only.

So essentially the first DVI port can be used with a VGA adapte while the second one must be used as DVI only.
    Then the rest of the 4 Display Ports must be used with active Display Port to VGA adapters for it to work.

Hope that clears up something.