Help with DOP-Mii and downgrading IOS15 (Trucha bug)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Norkusa, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Norkusa
    OP

Newcomer Norkusa Member

United States
    I'm doing my first softmod and I'm stuck on step 2a. in the Complete Softmod Guide - Trucha Bug & Stub IOS:

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha

I've got DOP-Mii running. I selected "Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign" and got the code dump screen. Held down power button to reset and re-started DOP-Mii and continued from Step 2a) like the guide instructed.

Here it says I have to "downgrade IOS15 and choose location of IOS now". This is where I'm lost. How do I choose the location of my IOS? The menu says I'm currently on IOS61. I'm going to be using WiFi to update. Do I just select "Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign" again at the main menu because of the code dump screen I got earlier, or do I continue to step 2b) now?

2. elmariachi

Member elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    you should first Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign

else you can not downgrade

If it still gives you a dump try another SD card

3. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You have to downgrade IOS15 (and then IOS reload it), before you can install the patched 36.

Here it says I have to "downgrade IOS15 and choose location of IOS now". This is where I'm lost. How do I choose the location of my IOS? The menu says I'm currently on IOS61. I'm going to be using WiFi to update. Do I just select "Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign" again at the main menu because of the code dump screen I got earlier, or do I continue to step 2b) now?

"If you have WiFi, leave the option on "Download IOS from NUS" and press A."