1. ninjacop

OP ninjacop Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello!

I've been interested in coming and developing homebrew for whatever I can, namely 3DS at the moment, but I have never taken a course/class on learning C/C++. I've done a few years or so of programming projects in C and other languages like Lisp (Clojure/Scheme/CL) and Python, but nothing too big. Is there anywhere specific that I can learn and help make larger homebrew apps and/or utilities that can be of use to people other than me?

I've installed devkitpro, I've made some homebrew programs (using keyboard and print out input, "hello world", etc), and I know my way around the command line. Currently I'm using a Mac + Citra + my CFW'd 3DS to develop my programs, too.

2. cracker

cracker Nyah!

United States
    Most every homebrew is open source. It's a good way to learn by modifying parts of others' source to see the effects and then taking and modifying parts that you need for your project.

3. MasterFeizz

MasterFeizz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If you are also learning C/C++, you will have a much better time developing for the PC instead of the 3DS. After you learn a bit, you can apply what you learned to the 3DS.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Developing, Homebrew,