Help with DBI

masterbuzzsaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I am trying to use DBI to downgrade Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze from version 1.0.1 to version 1.0.0, however DBI isn't letting me downgrade to it! I've tried to reset the required version but it isn't working, and it isn't letting me delete the update data either! What is going on? What am I doing wrong?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Why not remove the game and install only the 1.0.0 version again?
In tinfoil there is a setting not to install the latest update but it is off by default (so it will install the latest updates as well).

Reactions: Blythe93

masterbuzzsaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not remove the game and install only the 1.0.0 version again?
In tinfoil there is a setting not to install the latest update but it is off by default (so it will install the latest updates as well).

It seems like the game card I got doesn't have a version 1.0.0. This is a pic of the DKC game on DBI. Notice the two items that say "Application" and "Update". I tried resetting them both, but they only go down to 1.0.1 and the "Update" in there can't be deleted, as if it is hardwired to the game card itself.

Attachments

• IMG_20240312_204452324.jpg
    IMG_20240312_204452324.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems like the game card I got doesn't have a version 1.0.0. This is a pic of the DKC game on DBI. Notice the two items that say "Application" and "Update". I tried resetting them both, but they only go down to 1.0.1 and the "Update" in there can't be deleted, as if it is hardwired to the game card itself.
push + on the update and delete it otherwise seperate game and update with nsc_builder

oggi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or clean update with +.

Hello everyone. Sorry for my bad English (I'm French)
Maybe you can help me I had to stop at DBI 6.16 (dbibackend) because I am still on Windows 7. all higher versions work on w10 or w11 but not on windows 7 =>> api-ms error message -win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll . I installed all the runtime or other Microsoft packages. I copied the dll in system32 and the same in 64 bits in wow. etc.... same error message.Of course I can use dbibackend with my Windows 10 laptop. but I would have liked it to work on my W7. Does anyone have a solution? thank you to all of you.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or clean update with +.

Hello everyone. Sorry for my bad English (I'm French)
Maybe you can help me I had to stop at DBI 6.16 (dbibackend) because I am still on Windows 7. all higher versions work on w10 or w11 but not on windows 7 =>> api-ms error message -win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll . I installed all the runtime or other Microsoft packages. I copied the dll in system32 and the same in 64 bits in wow. etc.... same error message.Of course I can use dbibackend with my Windows 10 laptop. but I would have liked it to work on my W7. Does anyone have a solution? thank you to all of you.

You can try DBI MTP Responder.

oggi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Hayato TY for responses . yes.... MTP responder or NS USB Loader 7.1 or DBIBACKEND 6.16 is ok for install. (no problem for me)

But I can't see if there is a corrupt certificate or package problem in the NSP or something else. I find DBI very successful and with lots of options useful. I have on my switch (DBI 6.16 and the latest version of DBI (So 2 NRO). I see that I have to use a W10 (Yuck I don't like w10 and even less w11). I wanted to know if anyone someone had the same problem as me and had recompiled (Make source DBI but with W7 compatible libs) for DBIBACKEND or with a W7 compatible compilation kit. I have no problem, I generate but sigpach with Sigpatch -IPS-Creator_1.5.7 So I'm getting by. It's just that I wanted to have a latest version DBI that works with w7.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Hayato TY for responses . yes.... MTP responder or NS USB Loader 7.1 or DBIBACKEND 6.16 is ok for install. (no problem for me)

But I can't see if there is a corrupt certificate or package problem in the NSP or something else. I find DBI very successful and with lots of options useful. I have on my switch (DBI 6.16 and the latest version of DBI (So 2 NRO). I see that I have to use a W10 (Yuck I don't like w10 and even less w11). I wanted to know if anyone someone had the same problem as me and had recompiled (Make source DBI but with W7 compatible libs) for DBIBACKEND or with a W7 compatible compilation kit. I have no problem, I generate but sigpach with Sigpatch -IPS-Creator_1.5.7 So I'm getting by. It's just that I wanted to have a latest version DBI that works with w7.

I doubt there is much you can do if you are not willing to update to Windows 10/11, you can asks the developers but I am not sure if they will compile newer version to work on Windows 7.

oggi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
View attachment 431332
You could use these to try
Thank you but this does not seem to work on DBI 6.1.6 and on DBI 6.5.6 or on the latest DBI.nro . reinstalling the Zadig winusb drivers it remains waiting for connection... it's no big deal thanks to you until now I have been able to install everything with DBIbackend 6.16 and MTP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?