Homebrew Help with custom frimware

RBaroni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! I got an used New 2DS and just found out it had been hacked before by turning the console on with the select button pressed, it shows the Luma3DS v9.0 screen. Since it is already hacked I thought I'd enjoy the benifits of it but I quickly found out it is not just that simple.

If I understood what I've read so far correctly, I need to access the homebrew launcher but I can't figure out how to or even if it is installed. I tried the option 'Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader' on the 'Health & Safety Information' through the 'Rosalina Menu' but afterwards the 2DS just crashes if I try to open it. I also tried with the 'AR games' app, the same thing happened.

My final goal is to get the so called FBI working. I also would like to know what kind of things I shouldn't do in order to avoid getting banned.

Thank you in advance.

RBaroni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just realized I did not open this thread in the apropriated section. Is it possible to move it?

So sorry.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have to replace your Luma (boot.firm) in order to being able to update to the latest firmware 11.8 - or you'll get the infamous "Failed to Apply 1 firm patch(es)"

Wild guess about the crash:
You do not have boot.3dsx in the root of your SD from here. Put boot.3dsx in the root of your SD and try 'Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader' again while doing the finalizing part of the guide.

RBaroni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have to replace your Luma (boot.firm) in order to being able to update to the latest firmware 11.8 - or you'll get the infamous "Failed to Apply 1 firm patch(es)"

You do not have boot.3dsx in the root of your SD from here. Put boot.3dsx in the root of your SD and try 'Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader' again while doing the finalizing part of the guide.

Thank you for your answer.
I'm already on 11.8.0-41U, do I need to replace my Luma? And where is boot.firm supposed to be? I couldn't find that nor boot.3dsx on my SD card.

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your wild guess should be correct. It usually only crashes if you don't have a boot.3dsx.

RBaroni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is no Luma folder on my SD either. I can read on the Luma menu 'Booted from CTRNAND'. This means that Luma isn't on the SD, right?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Itzumi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and my old one is wario, sans, papyrus, and cosmo from sonic x