Hacking Homebrew help with creating pandora battery

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so, i got here a 3.71 pspphat and i want to downgrade it so it can play backups
i heard that the best way to do this is by creating a pandora abttery and then just putting the firmware you want at the root of your memcard

so i looked around and i found this competent looking guide here and it looks really complex yet doable(as was flashing my phone)
i just want to know if this process might mess up the psp since its not even mine
also, what tips do you have? I dont want to spend the next 5 hours figuring out what i did wrong (as i did when flashing my phone)

need some answers quick please
thx in advance

emirof

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But you'll need another PSP that can already run homebrew I think. So if you don't - the pandora battery ain't a solution for you.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how could i downgrade this psp then?
could i use the GTA:LCS to downgrade it?
and how do you know its patched or unpatched 2.0?
all it says is 2.0 whenever i play gta

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how could i downgrade this psp then?
could i use the GTA:LCS to downgrade it?
and how do you know its patched or unpatched 2.0?
all it says is 2.0 whenever i play gta

Your only option is Pandora. Buy the Datel Tool battery and download a Pandora GUI by Mr. Dude. Use the GUI to create the Pandora stick on your PC and use the Datel Tool battery with the created Memstick to downgrade. If you know someone else who already has a homebrew enabled / modded Psp then you can use this to create both the battery and the required Memstick.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i found a friend who has a psp with firmware 2.81 and an old GTA
and another one who has a bricked psp
im wondering if i could use the gta downgrade trick to downgrade the 2.81 psp to 1.5 then create a pandora battery to downgrade my first friends psp to 1.5 as well and unbrick the other psp
is this possible or or does the gta downgrade only work for firmwares below 2.81?

if it does, could someone give me a link to a tutorial?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
The copy of GTA needs to be unpatched( IIRC contains no update). I used my mates pandora battery for this. So yeah..........

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so you don't have any PSPs with 1.5 or with a custom firmware?
Then, you are right, first downgrade a PSP to 1.5 (upgrade to any Custom Firmware AKA CF if you want), then create both the Jigkick battery and the Formated MS and with that, you can downgrade/upgrade to CF or unbrick any PSP.
Be sure to use "El Despertar del Cementerio" v3 for your Slim, so you can actually read what is on the screen.

Best of luck.

Here some helpful links:

Pandora video:

How to create a Pandora Battery and Slim Mem Stick WITHOUT a Phat PSP! tutorial from Maxconsole.

Another guide.

GTA:LCS downgrade video:

GTA: LCS Downgrade tutorial from PSP3D

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have a spare battery laying around, then you can always hard mod your battery. it requires opening up the battery cutting a leg off one of the chip.
VVoltz has the link to do that.

but there are alot of tutorials and easy pandora memory stick makers that you can use without the need of having a modded psp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy