Help with creating a PPF?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Vague Rant, Oct 5, 2008.

Oct 5, 2008

Help with creating a PPF? by Vague Rant at 1:41 PM (815 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Vague Rant
    OP

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Hey guys. I've just got about as close to finished as I can bother with a crappy hack I was working on, and I was looking to create a patch in case anybody else wants to take a look at it. I've created IPS files before, but I'm sure we all know that those are only able to edit the first 16MB of a file; I figured PPF was the answer to the problem, but I get an error about the file sizes being inequal when I try to make the patch. However, this is not really a problem, it's just the result of decompressing and recompressing the ROM, not some kind of mistake. Is there a way to make PPFStudio ignore this, or do you guys use something else when creating patches? Thanks for any help.

2. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    Why don't you use xdelta? or ninja

3. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  4. Vague Rant
    OP

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    NINJA locks up when I try to write a patch; I just tried xdelta and had success. Is there any file extension that is generally accepted as an identifier for xdelta patches? Right now I've just got it as a *.bin.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't refresh before posting this. Thanks for that link, DN, *.pat it is.