Hacking HELP with corrupt saves on 3ds flashcart...

trev1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well lately i been setting up lots of cards for people that i have been ordering online , with the micro sd (in this case it was a genuine 8gb sandisk i have used for my psp in a adapter) ...I usually dont have any issues at all and have made many parents and kids a happy family in the DS gaming area of life...BUT recently I set up one of these...AND YESSS I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE GRABBED A BETTER CARD....but i never had issues with these and always love the pricetag on them...

R4i3d www.r4i3d.com ....

and i flashed it for 3ds play and added their r4i-3ds combo wood firmware they have to offer....here...
The one i used...

there is also this one but when i put it on the roms loaded and screen went black....
trouble with this one ...its the "latest"one on their site...

so all seemed fine and i loaded a 8 gb micro sd with a ton of every decEnt rpg i have....BUT NOW WHEN LOADING A SAVE FILE ITS SAYS CORRUPT? This is a first for me and was hoping to get a better explanation...ill probably format the card and try again... but its a real pain....ANY INSIGHT!?

RESPECT + THANKS FOR ALL REPLYS GIVEN...!

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a hunch, but im pretty sure you were dooped. I think i remember reading that cards like R43DS and AK3DS were fakes that dont work very good.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm some flashcarts have either saving to a save file or saving to root of sd card and if you change it it says save corrupt, maybe you could try change that (if possible).

mybutterfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please keep away from these garbage clones such as r4i3d.com or r4isdhc.com.
You should run dldi_tester.nds to test it before and you can find this garbage even can not pass the test, which can lead to corrupting saves.

There is something wrong with the design of the ic of this card.
Just keep away from it and tell others what happend to you.

I also had one and I had returned it to the online store

trev1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is that right? well obviously you took the time to waste mine with a useless post...the card was used for sale for a very cheap price....personally i dont use clones for my gameplay but for a light user i thought they would be ok.....and i sell anywhere from 10-20 a week with loaded micro sd cards...i slipped and bought 5 of these pieces of shit again due to the low price...so tellin me to get a better card is useless to me..im lookin to help rid of the corrupt save issue....not to hear the freakin obvious

mybutterfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trev1, you can do nothing with it.It's a hardware issue. There is something wrong with the design of this card. You can run dldi_tester.nds to test it.

trev1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mybutterfly said:
trev1, you can do nothing with it.It's a hardware issue. There is something wrong with the design of this card. You can run dldi_tester.nds to test it.

Thanks mybutterfly im giving the person a extra r4i gold i have, and put wood on it...what sucks is i have to reformat their micro sd (8gb) w/panasonic and put all 56 roms on again...
frown.gif

...and priceangels is refunding me and actually giving me a 5 r4i-sdhc.com cards(red) in place of them ....which imo are much better..im still lookin for a stable 3ds cart thats cheap enough to buy in bulk...

also i grabbed the dldi_tester.nds can you give me some insight on using it...what do i look for...thanks

mybutterfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use google to find the dldi_tester.nds.
It's a homebrew to test the sdmmc interface of the flashcart.

Almost all flashcarts can pass dldi_tester.nds.
Unfortuantely, the r4i3d(r4i3d.com) metioned by you can not pass, which is tested by myself.
In fact, r4i3d(r4i3d.com) is derived from r4-pro.com(another notorious clone), which has been accused by many users for corrupting savers of the games.
Besides, r4isdhc_Dual Core(r4isdhc.com) and r4i3d.com are the same card.

SCDS2, R4i Gold 3DS(r4ids.cn), ak2i and etc are good flashcarts, which can support 3DS 2.1.0-3.
Besides, SCDS2 and R4i Gold 3DS(r4ids.cn) can also support NDSi V1.4.3.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest researching your flashcarts before buying them. I didn't at first and I didn't get the best at first(My first was Games N' Music, but I didn't know anything about homebrew at that point).
You might as well get Acekard2i and wait for an update.
You should also reformat your SD card that you used for your PSP. I used my SD card from my PSP at one point and read speeds were pretty slow.

mybutterfly said:
Please keep away from these garbage clones such as r4i3d.com or r4isdhc.com.
I actually had a somewhat positive experience with R4i-SDHC. Sure, it's not the best, but decent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...