Help with converting No$gba->DeSMume save

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bastek66, Apr 21, 2010.

Apr 21, 2010
  1. bastek66
    OP

Newcomer bastek66 Newbie

Poland
    Recently I accidently lost all my DeSmume 0.9.4 saves (but still got no$gba saves). Before that I had my Castlevania Portrait of Ruin .dsv save (which was succesfully imported from no$gba emulator).
    I was trying to convert or import again about thirty times but it doesn't work (Shuny and UniqeGeeks) - messages "save is corrupted", but I clearly remember that about half year ago I succesfully converted).
    Here is working no$gba save (.sav, Castlevania PoR Europe):
    Code:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/rsrb5o
    Help me - convert it into working .dsv file for DeSMume 0.9.4 or 5. It's almost 95% complete and I wanted to get everything playing on DeSmume emulator.

NEW REQUEST on latest post

2. Shuny

Member Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    I've tried to load your save into Nocash GBA 2.6a but got the "Save is corrupted" message. If you can, share me your whole Nocash GBA folder (except the rom, because that'd become illegal [​IMG])

Regards,

Shuny

EDIT : Nevermind, got your save working on Nocash. The main problem is I had to use FRAM 32kbytes option for Save type and I'm pretty sure Castlevania PoR uses a 64kbytes EEPROM save. That could have caused the problem

3. bastek66
    OP

Newcomer bastek66 Newbie

Poland
    So is any way to use this save on DeSmuMe ?
    Half year ago (and onwards) it was working on DeSmuMe (0.9.4) but 2 months ago I lost a lot of data (among it roms and .dsv saves). And it was same no$gba save file that I converted.

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Copy the No$GBA save somewhere you can access it easily (like the ROMs or DeSmuMe folder) and load the game in DeSmuMe.
    Go File -> Import Backup Memory and select your No$GBA save.

5. bastek66
    OP

Newcomer bastek66 Newbie

Poland
    It's not working, I tried to convert it into raw, and still is corrupted, but on no$gba works fine. If you have some time you could try do something with this save (link in first post). If you convert it into working .dsv post it or send me it.

6. bastek66
    OP

Newcomer bastek66 Newbie

Poland
    I have new question.
    I meneged to get almost 100% in Castlevania: PoR. Only thing that I need is Birthday Cake, which it can be bought at Vincent. I set current date in DeSmuMe (Config -> Firmware Settings) but there is no cake in shop. What I should do to get it ?