Hacking Help with complicated situation that google cant even solve.

Stories8106

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I FINALLY got everything close to perfect on my Wii. All my GC and Wii games are functional with Coverart through wiiflow, and I wanted to get Netflix and Hulu Channels on there as well. No wads on the internet, they all say "update your shop channel." So I did. Now I have a v21 shop channel that doesnt load.

"This channel cannot be used"

Ive spent the last 3 hours installing every program under the sun, new IOS56, new IOS236, uninstalling the channel, reinstalling it through NUS, through DOP-Mii. Im running 4.1

My issue is twofold.

1) Everytime I uninstall it, its still there. The channel isnt animated (until I click it) I have yet to find any program that will remove it (including Anytile deleter)

2) All I really want are Netflix / Hulu Wads. So my only option is to get this Shopping channel working. DOP-Mii managed to install other channels just fine (Wii Speak, I was curious)

Also I managed to flip my homebrew upside down. Not really sure about that, but Im sure its an easier fix than this shop channel BS.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now my WiiFlow is broken, wont load from the forwarder, or from Homebrew (prolly because its upside down) Correlated?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just reinstall the homebrew channel it will fix your upside down situation, the reason why it is upside down is because you probably patched ios58 thats the ios the homebrew channel runs on. Wiiflow is not running probably because you deleted or somehow messed with your cios ( 249, 250 ect.) try reinstalling your cios that should fix it .I dont know why the shop channel wont delete or work it should i have deleted. I deleted shop channel 20 and installed 21 it worked without issue.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Using Multi Mod Manager or DOP-Mii, delete IOS58 and install it again, but DON'T patch it. That way, you'll fix the HBC and WiiFlow problem.

But whatever you do, don't use Pimp My Wii.

Join us in our crusade to eradicate Pimp My Wii off the face of the Earth and help save millions of families and Nintendo Wii consoles.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use modmii and download the latest shopping channel again and also download the latest version of ios56.

That is all you need in order to get into the shopping channel to get netflix and hulu.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why not? Maybe it'll fix his problem.

I personally don't use it that much since I what's best for my system, but if you know how to use it, it can be quite helpful, specially for newbies.

No.

The way Pimp my Wii operates is not recommended by Team Twiizers themselves, the upside-down Homebrew Channel is not a bug, it's intentionally put there because fakesigning and modifying just about any IOS is not recommended, shouldn't be performed and may have unforseen consequences. Pimp my Wii is a Wii Bricker in the hands of a newbie who doesn't know what's going on. If anything, newbies should be using ModMii which prepares step-by-step modding guides and downloads all the resources you'll need according to custom user settings.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No.

The way Pimp my Wii operates is not recommended by Team Twiizers themselves, the upside-down Homebrew Channel is not a bug, it's intentionally put there because fakesigning and modifying just about any IOS is not recommended, shouldn't be performed and may have unforseen consequences. Pimp my Wii is a Wii Bricker in the hands of a newbie who doesn't know what's going on. If anything, newbies should be using ModMii which prepares step-by-step modding guides and downloads all the resources you'll need according to custom user settings.

Pimp My Wii sucks.

I totally forgot about ModMii, so I'd probably use that instead.

And newbie =/= complete moron

Stories8106

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lovely, trying to fix it, wiimote wont sync during dop-mii. works with other homebrew, but not that. Currently using v16

Im attempting ModMii now and reinstaling homebrew channel

Stories8106

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use modmii and download the latest shopping channel again and also download the latest version of ios56.

That is all you need in order to get into the shopping channel to get netflix and hulu.

Ive done this a couple times, didnt work, I will try installing older channels then uninstalling

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ive done this a couple times, didnt work, I will try installing older channels then uninstalling

Then something didn't install properly.

Those are the only two requirements to get the shop channel working.

Latest version of the shop channel itself and the ios file it needs which in this case is ios56.

Installing older channels then uninstalling isn't going to fix anything. Anytime you install a new version of the shop channel it overwrites the previous version.
It doesn't keep the older versions and the newest one on your Wii. Same with ios/cios files anytime you install a new one it overwrites the older one.

You could do an official update through Nintendo to get it working and then afterwords you can re mod the Wii again using modmii.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Multi Mod Manager or DOP-Mii, delete IOS58 and install it again, but DON'T patch it. That way, you'll fix the HBC and WiiFlow problem.

You can try running Pimp My Wii to fix the channel issues. See if that helps.

Deleting an IOS is not a good idea. Simply installing a new IOS58 will overwrite the current IOS58.

Pimp my Wii, for real?

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Deleting an IOS is not a good idea. Simply installing a new IOS58 will overwrite the current IOS58.

Pimp my Wii, for real?

okok, pimp my wii sucks, I get it. I will edit my post, since it's heresy to mention that god-awful piece of software.

And you can delete any ios you want and then proceed to install it with no problem using MMM or DOP-mii.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okok, pimp my wii sucks, I get it. I will edit my post, since it's heresy to mention that god-awful piece of software.

And you can delete any ios you want and then proceed to install it with no problem using MMM or DOP-mii.

Yea, but deleting the wrong IOS can brick, and telling somebody to do that don't know any better can delete the wrong IOS. There is no reason to delete.

Stories8106

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I managed to solve the problem. HBC wouldnt reinstall because I patched the IOS. turned out to be v61. So using modmii, I downloaded the wad files to for ios58 and ios61. Uninstalled and reinstalled them. After that, Hackmii (and HBC) uninstalled and reinstalled. Also reinstalled Wii Shop after this, and it magically works.

Im not entirely sure which solved the problem, but I dont really care. Wiiflow is good now too. Thanks for you help, if you guys didnt tell me which IOS to check id still be ready to chuck my wii through the window lol

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OK so I managed to solve the problem. HBC wouldnt reinstall because I patched the IOS. turned out to be v61. So using modmii, I downloaded the wad files to for ios58 and ios61. Uninstalled and reinstalled them. After that, Hackmii (and HBC) uninstalled and reinstalled. Also reinstalled Wii Shop after this, and it magically works.

Im not entirely sure which solved the problem, but I dont really care. Wiiflow is good now too. Thanks for you help, if you guys didnt tell me which IOS to check id still be ready to chuck my wii through the window lol

The general rule of Wii modding these days is A.U.M.M, which stands for always use ModMii. A generated guide will always give you the best results with little to no risk involved.

Also, as mentioned before, do your best not to uninstall IOS'es ever - overwrite instead. This is where IOS236 comes in handy - it's a modified version of the IOS36 which allows for the installation of pretty much any tile, including System tiles. If you don't have that installed yet, grab an IOS236 installer - it's very useful for installing those pesky System tiles when they refuse to cooperate. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...