Help With BrowserHax on 9.4 U

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jaberzz, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    I've been reading forums online for hours on end trying to get this to work. I purchased a brand new 2ds to get Homebrew on. It currently has firmware 9.4 U on it. Whenever I try to do Browserhax it goes to a Yellow Screen than crashes to the homescreen with an error. I've tried this about 40-50 times and I've also tried setting the date, different SD Cards, and returning the 2ds and buying another one. No Luck. I have all the files on the SD card, but I'm not sure if theyre the right ones for my firmware. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. If somebody could help me get homebrew channel on my 2ds I will give you $5 Bitcoin Lol.

Thanks

2. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    Yea thats the one Ive been trying. Nothing so far. I've been refreshing my browser for 3 hours now. Just a yellow screen than crash to homescreen. 1/7 times it wont even show a yellow screen and just crash to homescreen. Would it make a different that I updated to 9.4 with a game card? It was on 6,0 when I bought it.

3. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    Oothax or ninjhax are you only options

4. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    Huh?

5. Arubaro

Sep 4, 2015
    Updating via cart does not update you browser. The thing is that to use browserhax, you need a 9.0+ browser, but the one you have is 6.x, so is not compatible

6. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    Damn. So let me ask this. I had a New 3ds XL I bricked last night because I installed Old 3ds CIA's on it. It's currently getting repaired by Nintendo. If I were to buy one right now and return this 2ds, what are the chances I will get one with a compatible firmware to use Browserhax on?

7. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    having a similar experience made me give up and buy Ocarina of Time. i already had a powersaves. if you can't get browserhax to work i recommend that route.
    i only got browserhax to work on one 2ds system out of 4 2ds/3ds systems i tried before I got OoT. i didnt have the patience to try more than 50 times on each console, but for some reason on the first 2DS i tried it just worked right away.

8. Arubaro

Sep 4, 2015
    The fire emblem fates ones, for example, are on 10.3, so you could use browserhax (you can use browserhax between 9.0 and 10.5).

If they are used , then that would be different.

9. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    I would either have to get a Red or Black. The reason I would rather get a New 3DS is because the one Im going to get back from Nintendo is probably going to come with an unhackable firmware.

10. exangel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    there isn't an unhackable firmware so far. OoThax and Ninjhax work on the most recent system 10.7 as it is

Arubaro likes this.
  11. Arubaro

Sep 4, 2015
    If there is no new update, your n3ds will be hackable too with oothax

12. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    Well I also am extremely bored and don't want to wait 3 weeks to get it back xD. And since I have the money and can also return it if I brick it, why not? So will a Red/Black New 3DS XL work with Browserhax?

13. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    So If I walk into Walmart right now and buy a New 3ds xl it will have a browserhaxable firmware?

14. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
  15. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Yes.
    Yes.

16. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    Alright Thanks. Sorry for all the questions I'm just very new to this :P

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ordered Both. :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So with the oothax, would I be able to eventually install menuhax? Thats what I got on my New 3ds xl before I bricked it.

exangel and Just Passing By like this.
  17. Jaberzz
    OP

Jaberzz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    Ok sounds good. Is this a good tutorial I should follow when I get it?

18. exangel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ