Help with Acekard AK2i - Broken by son??

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by MaestroT, Dec 31, 2009.

Dec 31, 2009
  1. MaestroT
    OP

Newcomer MaestroT Newbie

United States
    Son and Daughter both got DSi units for Christmas, along with AK2i's with all the games they were getting. I've been playing them for a few weeks, and all was well, thanks to the help in setting them up that I found here on GBAtemp. 2 days ago, my son said his wasn't working anymore. Upon questioning him, I discovered that he was curious about the mocroSD card, and pulled it out without using the springload mechanism. Now it won't work. I've tried his microSD in sister's AK2i, and it works fine. I've tried sister's microSD in his AK2i, and no luck. So the problem seems to be in his AK2i. Would pulling the microSD out break it? He says that's all he did, but it doesn't seem like that should break the card. Any ideas or help? I've searched but didn't find anything on the forum. Thanks in advance.

2. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    you can try to hold it when you Play [​IMG]

3. sliverofshadows4

Newcomer sliverofshadows4 Member

Canada
    Well I think the spring is there so that the SD stays in place >.> So I think if you just pulled it out then the part keeping the micro SD flush and connecting with the card may have been damaged/broken. Sorry.

4. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    You could try taking the shell off the card and having a look inside. The spring could have been bent out of place or something.

5. morinzo1978

Newcomer morinzo1978 Member

United States
    my ak2 i micro sd slot isnt spring loaded, ill have to look into it..