Help with 4.1 Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Fluxuated, Aug 2, 2009.

Aug 2, 2009

Help with 4.1 Update by Fluxuated at 3:45 AM (796 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Fluxuated
    OP

Newcomer Fluxuated Newbie

Canada
    I had 4.0u working great, then I updated to Waninkoko's 4.1u and cIOS rev14 and now as soon as I pop in Wii Sports Resort it says I have to update.

It also looks like Preloader 0.29 got wiped out in the update. What do I do? I reinstalled Preloader, went in to check off to skip updates and there was nothing to check. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Try using StartPatch rather than Preloader.

Click here!

3. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    After reinstalling Preloader, use the Preloader 4.1U hacks.ini on a sd card (sdhc not supported in Preloader). Put the hacks.ini at the root of the sd, and now you should be able to check the "skip updates." I also recommend using a USB loader, unless you have your reasons for not using it. When you add a game to WBFS, it doesn't copy the update partition, so there's virtually no chance of ever updating within the game. If you're using dvd-r backups, then either use BrickBlocker, or just delete the update partition altogether using WiiScrubber. If you're using an actual copy of the game, then just use the method I first described.

Startpatch is cool for people who don't have Preloader, and don't wish to EVER have Preloader. But Startpatch has never been fully compatible with NTSC Wii's, since a few of the patches won't let you apply them. If you already have Preloader, just use what you already have.

4. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Updating would just update an IOS or two. It shouldn't hurt anything.

5. jvega813

Newcomer jvega813 Newbie

United States
    I'm not able to install waninkoko 4.1 update, go to black screen as soon i tried to open the file. Im currently using 4.0 with banerbomb ciosrev14 ios60patch........any help?