HELP! Windows 7 Ultimate Killed My Laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by PenguinSlap, Nov 24, 2009.

Nov 24, 2009
  1. PenguinSlap
    OP

Member PenguinSlap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Im using my friendds computer to type this

Anyway i installed windows 7 ultimate 4 weeks ago it working fine but today evey single i start up my dell laptop inspiroin 1721\
    it says no array can anyone help me plz

2. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Tried anything besides posting here? A google? Maybe a reinstall, or a repair attempt via the 7 install DVD? Perhaps a bigger description of the problem would also help. For one for example, when it started (you must have done something).

P.S. It probably isn't dead, just your install (/drivers; my guess is windows update prolly updated some sata driver automagically and thus killed support) or settings crapped.

3. PenguinSlap
    OP

Member PenguinSlap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah might just buy the dell studio 17" with windows 7 ultimate on it

4. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Can you provide a better description of the error and can you boot into at least safe mode?

5. Balrogs.Pain

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yeah, if you want ANY help, your going need to be more specific, first where does it crash or freeze, what happens, does it crash, freeze, display an error message not allowing you to move on, etc. uh, if you can run it in safe mode at all, what happened during installation.

okay mabye not this specific, but try to detail it a little better.

6. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    You are going to abandon a perfectly working machine and just get a new one instead? Kinda like buying a new house because the front door needs fixing.
    Have you tried anything mentioned above yet at all?

7. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Welcome to American capitalism. Who do you think the Xbox 360 sells so well in the States?

And yea, in this case the install DVD should provide what you need if it's the problem with the drivers, assuming they weren't Net-installed or something. Pop it in and see if there's any solution

8. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    sure! do it!

btw: I'll pm you my address for the old notebook [​IMG]

I see no way a OS install should kill your laptop...can you get into the bios?

9. DJJoker

Newcomer DJJoker Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Of course all of the above are the first steps you should take, however, if it is a hardware failure then it sounds like either the RAM or the HD are dead. Both parts cost much less than a new laptop [​IMG]

10. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Array huh? Sounds like either your hardrive is broken or you deleted something you shouldn't have. I'm guessing hopefully on the former. Just buy a new HDD and install Windows again.