Hacking HELP!!! WiiGator cIOS Installer

Bobmeister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've done just about every combination of...everything to try to get this to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJce0pM0rXg

That is a vid of the exact problem I'm having and I would really like some help figuring out why it won't let me install the cIOS!!!

Or at least some ideas...or SOMETHING...*pulling hair out* I've looked on basically every forum that covers this and I follow all their "n00b-proof" instructions, but it still doesnt work...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
-1017 == Trucha bug missing

You are not at 3.2, you only have the 3.2 system menu. Search how to proper downgrade, you WILL be able to find everything here you need, now you know what the problem is.

Bobmeister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I used Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2 by Waninkoko, and I downgraded to:

"Wii Firmware 3.2U [SysMenu v30 - IOS289 v1039 - MIOS v5 - BC v2"

was the exact wording of the option I chose.

Im going to start searching for "proper" downgrading, but could you expand on "proper", or throw some links...? Thanks for diagnosing, though!!!
biggrin.gif

Bobmeister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working! Thanks a ton!!!!!

Lesson Learned: cIOS and IOS are NOT the same thing. When downgrading, one must downgrade BOTH of these cause the IOS downgrade is the one that gives you Trucha bug.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IOS and cIOS are two different things, of course. cIOS == cutom IOS. What you meant is that there's a difference between IOS and cIOS downgrader. But don't be disturbed these are only names, the cIOS downgrader doesn't downgrade the cIOS.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
the cIOS downgrader doesn't downgrade the cIOS.

It uses cIOS to downgrade, correct?

Kind of like how a vacuum cleaner doesn't clean a vacuum...

kind of...

Well what I guess I'm trying to say is that in "cIOS downgrader", cIOS is an adjective and in "IOS downgrader", IOS is a noun.

(Actually I can still see a problem with calling the cIOS in cIOS downgrader an adjective but it really doesn't matter)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If i'm honest i'm not sure what these programs do exactly, but after running BOTH, the IOS from the system menu (IOS30), IOS36 and some other IOS are downgraded.(but not all!)

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
If i'm honest i'm not sure what these programs do exactly, but after running BOTH, the IOS from the system menu (IOS30), IOS36 and some other IOS are downgraded.(but not all!)

Thanks for the clarification.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse