help very confused

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by domio, Dec 15, 2008.

Dec 15, 2008

help very confused by domio at 10:09 PM (1,419 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. domio
    OP

Newcomer domio Newbie

United States
    ok here go's basically i want to get a new ds card which i read that cyclo the best but edge is a cheaper alternitive so im gonna try egde but
    im a newb when it comes to all this homebrew and really EVERYTHING else all im use to is ds fire card which is drag and drop then play but it dont play all games.
    thats y im thinkin of tryin edge but i just dont no how to do anything do i have to add software to the card b4 i can play games or is it drag and drop?
    how do i use homebrew or watch films or listen to music ?
    an everything else wii fi so on
    so could people please just take a minute to tell me somthing about it or anything please

it would be very apriciated
    thanks

2. BurlyEd

Member BurlyEd GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. charlton111

Newcomer charlton111 Member

United Kingdom
    new to this, waiting to recive my edge, but found out the edge site is down and has been down for a bit, how do you download the programs you need

4. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    The EDGE site is back up and running (most likely a bandwidth problem) anyway, its really Easy to setup your EDGE. This is what you do.

1. Go to their website which is www.edge-ds.cn and download the OS and the moonshell files.
    2. Insert your micro SD in the Trans-flash Micro SD card reader (it comes with the EDGE) and stick it into your PC/Laptop
    3. Unextract the files that you downloaded and drag and drrop them to the root (directly into) the micro SD
    4. Then you may drag and drop NDS ROMS, Homebrew(works exactly like the games just launch them) into the root as well *Note:you may place your ROMS, Music, Homebrew in separate folders in order to save place
    5. For more info, read the edge pdf that is available in the downloads section on their website you will acquire knowledge on how to add skins to your DS etc.

5. domio
    OP

Newcomer domio Newbie

United States
    ok thanks for ur help so puttin the software and games seems quite simple.
    so wat is home brew or moonshell and whats the difference.is it so u can watch movies music on ur ds???
    also ive read about patchs that u can put on ur ds so u connect to the net on it?? this true and how would i go about doin that?
    i take it would be threw wi fi with wireless router yeh also how about playin online as ive never even played online with a original game

thanks for ur help everyone

6. charlton111

United Kingdom
    still cant get that site to work www.edge-ds.cn or any other search

7. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    You can get the latest firmware from Here.

8. charlton111

United Kingdom
    cheers tanas, newbies what a pain