ROM Hack [HELP] Trainer/Hack 2 fix R button T_T

QazzaQY2K

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, thought i'd ask first before rly poking at this on my own. So i got this phat DS+SuperCard-Slot2, and the DS got a broken R shoulder button T_T.
Sure i kinda lived with it and never bothered to fix or get it fixed. So now i wonder whats rly easier. Opening the DS hoping the button is just mechanicaly broken. Then desolder the press input for a new, order new part, spending cash for all hardware?

ORRRRR...

Hacking the game i want to play. That use the R button to work by hacking it with a trainer, hack or cheat i donno. To send the R command.

Example: Nostalgia - Great game, but now i'm stuck. I need to go up an altitude level by pressing the R shoulder button = i Fail T_T.

Ex Nr2: Chrono Trigger - Love this game. I'm in the dome and need to get past a door. It needs me to press L+R+A = Me Fails yet again.

How should i get around this? or just upgrade HW? DSi new Flashcard? How to proceed?

Hope i bored you all to death with my problems. But i could return the favor some time. Who knows, i might cure cancer or save your mom from getting hit by a PhatDS.

[EDIT]

Results Solved: Rank S+

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your R button isn't working try putting your lips over it and blow into it to get out the dust that might be sitting on the contact button that the R button touches when you press down on it.

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stab244 said:
... I wonder why Nintendo doesn't suggest doing that...
Little children might get infuriated and spit into the actual device thus stopping it from working and then getting more infuriated with there console and having to wait aprox. 2 weeks to get it back from Nintendo when their parent(s) send it in. lol.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EpicPie said:
stab244 said:
Little children might get infuriated and spit into the actual device thus stopping it from working and then getting more infuriated with there console and having to wait aprox. 2 weeks to get it back from Nintendo when their parent(s) send it in. lol.
Yeah... Figures... They probably also want more people to buy a new DS so they make more money. *Points to "new" DSi*

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought blowing was supposed to help conduct the signal for the button, not clear dust or whatever (saliva moisture). Especially so considering my 'L button' is for shit, but the innards are completely clean--already checked.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EpicPie said:
stab244 said:
Actually, I never spat into my DS, yet my DS died because of this.
If you blow for too long, your breath can make the DS collect moisture.

...This explains why there was mold in my DS when I opened it
unsure.gif

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
EpicPie said:
stab244 said:
Actually, I never spat into my DS, yet my DS died because of this.
If you blow for too long, your breath can make the DS collect moisture.

...This explains why there was mold in my DS when I opened it
unsure.gif
Oh now that's just gross...

And who cares if I forgot the "LL". It's still a DSi. Nothing extra.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.