Help/tips needed to recover a .sav

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by robplease, Jun 28, 2015.

1. robplease
    OP

robplease Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    I recently replaced the SD card in my 3DS with a new SD card. That new SD card failed and I lost all the data on it. I still had the week-old files on my computer from the old SD card, so I copied those and put them back on my 3DS. But, when I start AC:NL I get the "cannot use save data because it was not the last data saved" error. This is because I played and saved AC:NL after this .sav was created, so it's an old .sav, but it's the only one I have!

Is there a way to recover my town? I tried re-downloading AC:NL and putting the .sav in the correct folder on the SD card, but I either get the "cannot use save data because it was not the last data saved" error or "save data corrupt" error when I do this.

Sorry, I am very new to the hacking community, so I don't know what terms to search. I saw this thread, but I don't use a flashcard so I don't have a garden.dat file or anything, I think. This is on my original 3DS trying to play a legit eshop version AC:NL.

Any help is much appreciated. :)

2. robplease
    OP

robplease Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    I've been trying some things for a while. First I tried altering some of the bytes in the .sav file to see if the game would accept it, but I guess I didn't know what I was doing really.

Then I tried to get my digital .sav onto a cartridge by using Powersaves. I noticed the Powersaves backup files were exactly like the digital .sav files, but Powersaves errors out and won't write my save.

Lastly, I tried to get my .sav read through the save data backup utility. I downloaded AC:NL, then deleted it and created a save data backup. I found the save data backup folder, put my .sav in it, and redownloaded AC:NL to restore my .sav. I still got the "cannot use save data because it was not the last data saved" error.

Any suggestions, tips, or pointers would be a great help, I'm desperate to recover my town :blink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice