Hacking HELP! Some games won't work > Black Screen

hamdialkan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I have a big problem with my Nintendo Wii that I bought a few days ago. First of all, make sure that I have read all the related posts, tried several ways to find a solution, but some games still don't work, well some games do.

My firmware is 4.2E PAL, I'm using cIOS 38 rev17, HBC and USB Loader GX.

Well, my problem is, some games turn off a black screen when I try to load. Those games are:

- Mario Kart Wii
- Lego Star Wars
- Star Wars Unleashed
- Legend of Zelda

But those games work well:

- Grand Slam Tennis
- Resident Evil 4
- Call of Duty World at War

As I said, I tried everything I could. I tried Neo Gamma too (with d DVD-R burned at 4x speed) but I still have the same problem.

Any help? Thank you in advance.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are those games out of region? Anyway, you say you burned them to DVD, but if you burn games to DVD, what do you have USB Loader GX for?

hamdialkan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tattar, they're all PAL.

I was assuming that it was USB Loader GX's fault, so I tried to burn them to DVD, but nothing's changed.

Normally, I use USB Loader GX. And it works fine with these 3 games that I listed.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hamdialkan said:
tattar, they're all PAL.

I was assuming that it was USB Loader GX's fault, so I tried to burn them to DVD, but nothing's changed.

Normally, I use USB Loader GX. And it works fine with these 3 games that I listed.
I think they're bad ISOs...Did you dump them yourself or download them?

hamdialkan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded them from torrent. Actually I'm downloading another version of Mario Kart Wii atm. If there won't be any problem, you're right. But my senses are telling me that I've a problem
smile.gif

hamdialkan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I softmoded it, then I installed Homebrew Channel and the latest version of cIOS by Waninkoko.

How do I know if my IOSes are missing or outdated?

hamdialkan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used Signcheck to view which IOS I'm using. It gave me this:

----------

Using ios 36 (rev 3351)
Region Europe
Hollywood version 0x11

Found 20 ios on this console

Analyzed IOS250(rev 65535)
Trucha bug: Enabled
Flash access: Disabled
Boot2 access: Disabled
Usb 2.0 IOS tree: Enabled

----------

So, any help?

hamdialkan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's another deal:

Working games

Grand Slam Tennis......................IOS55-64-v4633..........System Menu 3.4

Call of Duty: World at War IOS35

Games that don't work

Rabbids Go Home .......................IOS33-64-v2832 ...........System Menu 3.4

Mario Kart Wii.........................IOS33/36-64-v1040........System Menu 3.1

LEGO Star Wars: The complete Saga......IOS33

So, I'm assuming that I've a problem with IOS33 here. Any suggestion to deal with it without brick blocking Wii?

Helps appreciated
smile.gif

hamdialkan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, weird thing:

I installed 3 new games today (House of the Dead: Overkill, Metroid 3 and Raymond Raving Rabbids). As you can guess, they don't work
smile.gif

So, the weird thing is, only the first 5 games that I've tried to play are working fine. After that, all the games that I've installed are giving me black screen. (These working games are Wii Play, Wii Sports, Grand Slam Tennis, Call of Duty World At War, Resident Evil 4)

Is it some kind of curse or what?

And please someone help me. It's giving me headaches.

hamdialkan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't use Priiloader.

When I click on the power button of Wii, BootMii boots in the first place. And then I start up Wii.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
tried using another loader? for example cfg. usb loader?

maybe the revision of usb loader gx you are using is faulty...

but since they don't work using neogamma the problem seems to be related to the games themselves. maybe they are bad dumps or so...

hamdialkan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@bathelad, nothing comes up when I take out the SD Card and hold the reset button.

@WiiCrazy, I tried different USB Loaders, but they didn't work. And plus, it's the 8th game that doesn't work and I download them very carefully, everyone's saying everything works fine in Torrent download comments section of isohunt.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
hamdialkan said:
@bathelad, nothing comes up when I take out the SD Card and hold the reset button.

@WiiCrazy, I tried different USB Loaders, but they didn't work. And plus, it's the 8th game that doesn't work and I download them very carefully, everyone's saying everything works fine in Torrent download comments section of isohunt.

Then the next thing to check is trying reinstalling the cios as that might be the problem... By the way could it be the case that you have a D3-2 drive?

And is there something different with your system? Attached something else on the usb port or gc mem card slots?

ps: You can switch to cios rev14 as that was tested and used a lot more than rev17

ps2 : btw you are not that hamdi alkan that we all know, are you?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy