Help running Wii motion Plus games on Softmodded Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Clairjoe, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Clairjoe
    OP

Member Clairjoe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a soft modded wii and would like to play Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Whenever i put it in it says it boots the game, but it just takes me back to the wii menue every time and turns the wii black and white until i power it off and power it back on. Can somebody help me? i tried doing a tutorial i found online and it just made it so i can't load games off a USB flash drive, but the disc loader works fine

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Lemme guess...you found some obscure site that contained a guide that hasn't been updated in ages and there's no way anyone would give support on that place?

If so...okay. my guess is it made you install darkcorp or cioscorp. Which...suffice to say it's not needed (a bit shortsighted, but the possible benefits are very limited. And not at all if you prefer USB loading). Just rehack using modmii (check the stickies in the hacking section). Answer the questions as though your wii wasn't hacked at all. For details: if you installed darkcorp or cioscorp, you'll need to reinstall all the IOS'es. And some cIOS'es to allow for USB loading.

I'm not sure why you put this thread in the 'emulation and homebrew' section (it would be better in the hacking section). And I don't quite understand your title either. Is Skyward sword the only game with issues, or do other wii motion plus games also give you problems?

3. Clairjoe
    OP

United States
    I have not tried any other wii motion plus games yet, and im sorry i wasnt sure which of the two to put it in, it was either a hacking issue or a homebrew issue. It is ok if someone moves this to the other section. I usually use both usb and disc loading. Usb only for small games that dont really need a full 4.7gb dvd.

4. iancer

Member iancer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yo skyward sword has a "new" motion+ video, so the 1st you run it you should use the alt dol method to launch the motionplus vidoe and watch it once, after that the game will run normally, i had a black screen issue for a month before i realized that was why. cheers.

5. Clairjoe
    OP

United States
    Ok thank you i will try both of these and report back

6. Clairjoe
    OP

United States
    Thank you! this helped fix everything!

7. stephaniie

Member stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    what is the alt dol method?

edit nrvermind found and worked not :(

ive cios rev20 installed but im unsure what to install to make my consiole work with skyward sword and black ops

8. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    You need install d2x with base 57, at least I know that base is needed to run Black Ops.
    http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x