Hacking Help restore nand back up

GhostyJoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use cfw on 7.0.x just fine, look into tinfoil and gold leaf USB install, I managed to get Xenoblade 2 and all its dlcs to install on 7.0.1, just that games installation isn't all smoothly on 7.0.x.

Probably was that you updated via ota, so it burn your fuse, that how Nintendo prevents downgrades in general in term of concept.
Okay basically some games are not working yet smoothly ... is this noted to be fix in future updates of ti foil or goldleaf?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay basically some games are not working yet smoothly ... is this noted to be fix in future updates of ti foil or goldleaf?

You can use tinfoil but do the usb install,

https://github.com/nosmokingbandit/AluminumFoil/releases

I been trying usb install with this, it is kinda buggy, the app on windows sometime will freeze, and sometime atmosphere will crash, that would alright just let it reboot into atmosphere again.

Diablos90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh I c so why create a nand backup if we really can't use shall I reformat the switch back to stock on 7 few then create a band then incase? Then use cfw after?
If you had preserved your fuses (using AutoRCM) you could have downgraded and boot on stock firmware normally.
With fuses burnt you can still downgrade, but you always have to skip the fuse check with AutoRCM (so you will have to inject a payload everytime you want to boot on stock or cfw).

Reactions: GhostyJoker

GhostyJoker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use tinfoil but do the usb install,

https://github.com/nosmokingbandit/AluminumFoil/releases

I been trying usb install with this, it is kinda buggy, the app on windows sometime will freeze, and sometime atmosphere will crash, that would alright just let it reboot into atmosphere again.
I'm using tinfoil I tried Mario game and that give me the fail to start software now I tried donkey and that one works... weird..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm using tinfoil I tried Mario game and that give me the fail to start software now I tried donkey and that one works... weird..
It use to work on 6.2 now it doesnt... but friend of mine has it working on his 7.0.1 using the gold leaf same file.. am I missing sig patches?..

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It use to work on 6.2 now it doesnt... but friend of mine has it working on his 7.0.1 using the gold leaf same file.. am I missing sig patches?..
Do you have all of the signature patches? Are you using Kosmos? Kosmos includes them all.

It sounds like the answer is no.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I c so why create a nand backup if we really can't use shall I reformat the switch back to stock on 7 few then create a band then incase? Then use cfw after?
Because you're supposed to do this:

1. Create full raw nand backup and also boot 0 and boot 1
2. If you want to update you should have used choidejournx
3. Turn on autorcm (choi does this automatically for you when upgrade) to preserve your fuse count.

This makes downgrading a breeze.

You can still go ahead and downgrade but afterwards you wont be able to cold boot to OFW because your fuse count wont match. You'll be forced to launch a custom bootloader on every boot.

Reactions: Canna

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you're supposed to do this:

1. Create full raw nand backup and also boot 0 and boot 1
2. If you want to update you should have used choidejournx
3. Turn on autorcm (choi does this automatically for you when upgrade) to preserve your fuse count.

This makes downgrading a breeze.

You can still go ahead and downgrade but afterwards you wont be able to cold boot to OFW because your fuse count wont match. You'll be forced to launch a custom bootloader on every boot.

Well said sir..

@GhostyJoker
Maybe you should start a fresh with the latest Cfw files on your sd card.
You can downgrade to lover system version if you use choidujourNX

Also hekate requires sd card to be formatted to exfat before you can restore ...

Heres a backup and restore guide if needed >Click

Last edited by Canna,
Reactions: Adran_Marit

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, everyone else's response has been 'lol u burned fuses now you can't boot ofw!!!'
but that's where you're wrong, kiddo
if you restore your old nand backup, and then boot into it with cfw and update, you can get to the latest version and boot ofw without any fuse issues.
Read my post. 4 posts up kiddo.

Edit. OP is already on latest firmware. What are you talking about? He can boot to 7.0.1 just fine. Did you even read any of this thread?

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 2 of them :angry:😡:angry: ! +1