1. Lglaplante

    OP Lglaplante Pkmn Rom Hacker
    Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2017
    Messages:
    466
    Country:
    Canada
    Hi there
    So as you may know, Pokemon Sword and Shield got leaked, thus leading to datamines and modding of the game.
    I wanted to get a looka t the games files to eventually, build mods for it. So I grabbed an xci of the game, used hactool to extract all the nca's, wich worked perfectly fine
    Except that when I want to extract the biggest NCA to get access to the romfs, hactool pops a Command windows quickly, processes something and dissapears as quickly as it appeared, and no romfs folder/.bin file

    I wanna know if some people here achieved getting access to the RomFS ? If so, what tools did you used, was it an XCI/NSP... I'm really struggling there
    I appreciate any help
     
  2. 8BitWonder

    8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev
    Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2016
    Messages:
    2,115
    Country:
    United States
    The following command assumes you have an up-to-date prod.keys at User/.switch/prod.keys, and that you have the NCA you're trying to extract in the same folder as hactool.exe.

    Try:
    Code:
    hactool.exe -x -tnca "<NCAID>.nca" --romfsdir="romfs"
    
    This should extract the romfs into a "romfs" folder assuming everything is set up correctly.
     
  3. Lglaplante

    OP Lglaplante Pkmn Rom Hacker
    Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2017
    Messages:
    466
    Country:
    Canada
    Alright, going to try that
     
  4. Lglaplante

    OP Lglaplante Pkmn Rom Hacker
    Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2017
    Messages:
    466
    Country:
    Canada
    Tried that, redumped my keys for the purpose of testing, and I always get 'Invalid NCA header ! Are keys correct ?"
    Either something is wrong, or my keys are in the wrong format
     
  5. 8BitWonder

    8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev
    Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2016
    Messages:
    2,115
    Country:
    United States
    Something's probably wrong with your keys, that command is working on my end.
    Are you certain that your prod.keys at the location I mentioned are up to date? (Also how are you dumping them?)
    Also be sure you're using the latest release of hactool.

    You can alternatively try setting your newest keyset in the same folder as hactool and point to them manually.
    Code:
    hactool.exe -x -k "prod.keys" -tnca "<NCAID>.nca" --romfsdir="romfs"
    
     
  6. Lglaplante

    OP Lglaplante Pkmn Rom Hacker
    Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2017
    Messages:
    466
    Country:
    Canada
    I used Lockpick (homebrew version)
    going to try that new command

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    I got a better result, tho I got "Section 0 is corrupted !" and "Section 1 is corrupted !"
    I am going to try with a different XCI, and maybe re-redump my keys

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    UPDATE: Redumped my keys, used your new command, and everything is getting dumped correctly finally !
     
  7. masagrator

    masagrator The developper
    Member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2018
    Messages:
    2,320
    Country:
    Poland
    You forgot about titlekey if it's NSP.

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    Ah, leaked dump... So no titlekey...
     
    Lglaplante likes this.
  8. 8BitWonder

    8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev
    Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2016
    Messages:
    2,115
    Country:
    United States
    Glad to hear it's working for you now, but for the future you should definitely be using Lockpick_RCM instead of the nro variant.
    The nro variant will never be able to dump 07 or higher keys, whereas the RCM variant can dump up to 09.
     
    Lglaplante likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - extraction, regarding,