Help Recommend Computer Speakers

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Chary, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    About a year ago, I got these cheap speakers to use for my computer. For the past month, they have been starting to make a "buzzing" noise (I assume this means a connection is bad in the cable). So today, I decided to try to see what was wrong with the cord. I unplugged the jack from the back of my computer, and BAM, it snapped. The tip of the audio jack got stuck in my PC. I can't get it out. I have a headphone jack in the front though, so I'm not totally screwed. So, I need some good speakers to replace the old ones. I need decent speakers, as I have school lectures online, and need to hear clearly. My budget is about 50$ max.

tldr; What are good speakers for under 50$?

2. Superior0001

Superior0001 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Have You Onboard Soundcard Or Pci Sound card like Soundblaster?

Chary likes this.
  3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Logitech makes good speakers, you can get good ones under $50 :P

Chary likes this.
  4. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acousti...-3602a/dp/B0027VT6V4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

My own logitech speakers finally died on me after some years of use, so I went with this new set. A house mate had them before me, and they're actually really, really nice. The speakers up top are really something else: once the housemate was playing an FPS game and he had forgotten he had unplugged his headphones, and his volume was cranked super high (the control can raise or lower the volume of whatever headphones you have connected to it!). He fired the shotgun, and man, it sounded like a legit shotgun blast. That thing didn't play a sound--it cracked. We both were like, Whoa. If you're just looking for replacement speakers though, you can get a set without the subwoofer or anything like that and still be good.

Sucks though that it doesn't have a mic-in jack. Apparently my last logitech set were one of the rare few stereo setups that have a mic-in on the actually controller volume thingy D:

I would definitely try and get that audio part out of your computer though, when you don't have any power connected to it.

Chary likes this.
  5. Sop

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    Chary likes this.
  6. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    hit up your local home depot, lowes, sears hardware, etc, and browse the tools. you may have luck with a precision set of pliers. also look into watch repair tools, there are some things that may help you fish out the broken piece.

as for speakers, i really like some of the older BOSE. it looks like THIS may be the next generation of their design. they can be a little heavy on the bass at times, so you may need to make use of an EQ if that isn't to your liking. but as far as fullness, i've not heard another set come close.

-another world

Chary likes this.
  7. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    BOSE for under $50?

8. Thanatos Telos

Thanatos Telos random stuff

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    If he has the money, he should go with them. I have the older gen and they beat out my old speakers that had an amp attached.