ROM Hack [Help] Putting save into game!

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I began a game on cart and got pretty far. I dumped the cart and figured I'd be able to dump the savestate to return to my .CIA conversion with SaveDataFiler. From what I am seeing, SaveDataFiler will not allow me to insert this .SAV file generated with the Gateway Launcher. I am hoping there is a way to convert this savestate, or I am just missing something! Any help is appreciated!

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I just skimmed it because I'm kind of busy at the moment, but I will look more in-depth later today.

In the meantime, are you fully sure that I can import a .sav from Super Mario 3D Land (Retail Cart), and put it in to my Super Mario 3D Land (.cia) even without having the cart any longer? I did manage to get a filer folder, but there was no .sav file in there, only binaries (.dat). I am a bit lost as to if SDF is going to convert it, or what. I did try to be slick and simply replace the .sav in my games folder on SD, but it told me it was corrupted.

You are helping a ton.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
oh i thought you meant a save you have made with GW.....not made on a retail cart....in which case it depends what save format the game uses......i'm not sure if it was the 2.x save revision or the 6.x save revision that made saves cart unique......if SM3DL uses cart unique encryption you can kiss it goodby unless you can get access to your original cart you dumped it from (you might be able to do something if you have the matching unique header)

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i thought you meant a save you have made with GW.....not made on a retail cart....in which case it depends what save format the game uses......i'm not sure if it was the 2.x save revision or the 6.x save revision that made saves cart unique......if SM3DL uses cart unique encryption you can kiss it goodby unless you can get access to your original cart you dumped it from (you might be able to do something if you have the matching unique header)
I could always just rent the cart again and insert the save back in with the Gateway Launcher, then do the process that way with SDF this time around, correct?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I could always just rent the cart again and insert the save back in with the Gateway Launcher, then do the process that way with SDF this time around, correct?
it depends if SM3DL uses per cart save encryption, if it does it has to be the exact same cart you restore the save to, not just one of the same game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse