Hacking [HELP] PSPgo CFW Hacks and Permanent CFW?

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just picked up a PSPgo and was wonderin a few things...

1) It came with OFW 6.60 and it's Model is 5g. Can I downgrade it? If so, how?

2) Is there a "permanent" CFW for the Go, I can install?

(links plz)

Thanks. I tried looking on many websites but kept running into dead ends. Maybe someone here has an answer? I just wanna narrow this research quicker.
BTW, I have the 6.60 PRO B-10 CFW lite mod on it already. It gets kinda annoying to keep going to "Fast Recovery" everytime I shutdown/reset the GO.

Okay, this topic's been solved. Thanks's everyone. :yay: :yaypsp: :yayps3:
I guess, if anyone is having trouble like I was and probably don't wanna spend hours on it. Hope this topic helps ya.

=========================
PSP Go 05g MODEL
=========================
NOTE: Make sure your GO is charged to at least 78%

1) Download the files listed below this line:
- (PSP GO Official FW 6.39)
- (PSP GO Official FW 6.20)
- (Davee's DG v5)
- (Davee's DG v3.5)

Rename the OFW PBP to EBOOT, if the pbp file are named differently. (ex. EBOOT.pbp)

2) On both downgrader, extract them onto your desktop. Then access your memory by connecting the USB. After go into PSP/GAME and create a new folder and name it as UPDATE. Finally, move the files from "6xx_downgrader_v5" into the ROOT of your memory and OVERWRITE YES TO ALL, if it asks you.

3) The official FW 6.39, move it into PSP/GAME/UPDATE. Now run the DOWNGRADER on the PSP and follow the instructions on screen. Then after, the screen will reset into the UPDATER menu. Now follow those instructions on screen.. and wait for it to DOWNGRADE to 3.39.

4) Now that it's completed, it may give you a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH on boot. Don't worry, you've done right. Press O and it should turn off... After, turn it on and VIOLA! you're now on OFW 6.39!

5) Now just delete the files you added on your memory before the update (ex. Downgrader files and OFW 3.39)

6) Repeat the same steps 1-4 but instead of using the version 5 downgrader and OFW 3.39. Now use the version 3.5 and OFW 6.20 files.

7) Now I assume you are done! You are now on 6.20 Official FW!!

and if your wanna do a PERMANENT Custom Firmware (CFW) on the PSP Go like myself. It's possible with either both 6.20 PRO-B10 or 6.20 GOD-IV CFW. And YES I tested both and they work with the PERMANENT boot.

Video on HOW TO:
Code:
http://youtu.be/AoR2OeyX_IU

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) It came with OFW 6.60 and it's Model is 5g. Can I downgrade it? If so, how?

Yes, THIS downgrades to 6.20 and is compatible.
Along with that you will need 6.20 EBOOT.PBP for PSPgo on the internal storage in 'PSP/GAME/UPDATE/'
Upgrade/downgrade at your own risk.

2) Is there a "permanent" CFW for the Go, I can install?

6.20 Pro can be permanent. Follow the guide Rydian wrote after the downgrade, it's at the top sticky of this PSP hacking section.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All PSPs can be donwgraded to 6.20. It's buggy on 9g models, but on a 5g it is fine. You use this downgrader: http://lolhax.org/2011/09/01/chronoswitch-downgrader-5-0-advanced-09g-support/

Then you can use PermaPatch to get semi-permanent 6.20 PRO (I say semi because it's not a true permanent CFW because no custom IPL, but it achieves a similar effect).

MasterMan194

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When you say "it came with 6.60", you mean it came from the store with 6.60 or it came with 5.** and the previous owner upgraded for 6.60?
I think you can't downgrade past the firmware it was made.
Like, if you bought it with 5.37 (ramdom number) and you upgraded all the way to 6.60, you can dowgrade it until 5.37, never 5.36.
Someone correct if i'm wrong.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
When you say "it came with 6.60", you mean it came from the store with 6.60 or it came with 5.** and the previous owner upgraded for 6.60?
I think you can't downgrade past the firmware it was made.
Like, if you bought it with 5.37 (ramdom number) and you upgraded all the way to 6.60, you can dowgrade it until 5.37, never 5.36.
Someone correct if i'm wrong.

You're right and wrong. All Go's have the same motherboard and can downgrade to 6.20. If that Go came on 6.60 it's because it's second hand. You're right that you generally can't go lower than it's factory firmware (except for the 09G 3000's via a hack) but in this case 6.60 isn't the initial FW.

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I put the 6.20 UPDATE (Go) into my internal PSP Go memory PSP/GAME/UPDATE as EBOOT.PBP and ran "6.xx Downgrader v4." It loads up and goes into that menu, telling me my model, which again is 05g. Then it says I have a RESUME game and press X to erase and proceed. Then a bunch of texts comes up and on the bottom, it asks me to press X start SCE updater or R to exit. Of course I pressed X and it says "good to launch," and then it loads into the 6.20 UPDATER screen. However this is where I'm stopped. On the screen I get an error message:

A later version of the system software is already installed.
There is no need to update.
(CAAFFFFFCF7)
Press O to go BACK.

Then it leaves the UPDATER screen and does nothing but leaves me back at the XMB menu. Any ideas?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, sounds odd. No idea what's wrong, sorry. Try downloading the downgrader from a different source, perhaps? Make sure you're following the instructions exactly as well.

MasterMan194

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I put the 6.20 UPDATE (Go) into my internal PSP Go memory PSP/GAME/UPDATE as EBOOT.PBP and ran "6.xx Downgrader v4." It loads up and goes into that menu, telling me my model, which again is 05g. Then it says I have a RESUME game and press X to erase and proceed. Then a bunch of texts comes up and on the bottom, it asks me to press X start SCE updater or R to exit. Of course I pressed X and it says "good to launch," and then it loads into the 6.20 UPDATER screen. However this is where I'm stopped. On the screen I get an error message:

A later version of the system software is already installed.
There is no need to update.
(CAAFFFFFCF7)
Press O to go BACK.

Then it leaves the UPDATER screen and does nothing but leaves me back at the XMB menu. Any ideas?
I've lost 2 days trying to find an answer to this veryg same problem i had. With no luck. So i moved all the update pbp and downgrade things to the internal memory, thhey were in MS, and it worked fine. I think downgrader points to ms0:, every homebrew treats ef0: as ms0:.
I don't know if it's your case, but worked for me. BTW, used Davee's Chronoswitch.

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Edit: (SOLVED!)

Okay, so as ya'll noticed I was on OFW 6.60. Sure.. Like every method was just failing until I just said screw it...
Then what I did was, I used "Davee PSP 6.xx Downgrader v5" and instead of 6.20 OFW, I used 6.39 OFW. Now after that, I loaded up the downgrader and it downgraded to 6.39 OFW. Finally, I inserted 6.20 OFW as the UPDATE file and ran another downgrader "6.3x_downgrader_v3.5" and Voila! I officially now have 6.20 OFW on my PSP Go 05g Model.

Anyway, thanks people for attempting to help me out. Much appreciated.

OH! By the way...
About the "vshorig.prx," can I delete that? Is it important?

I tried.. and nothing. both internal and external memory. Maybe it's a BUG?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
OH! By the way...

The vshorig.prx is a back-up of the vsh.prx created when the permanent patch is installed. It's used to recover your psp just in case it bricks (you can hold Select plus R while cold-booting to enter the Recovery Menu, where you can attempt to recover your psp). It's normal and may become useful sometime or another (although I really haven't heard many people bricking with the perma patch).

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OH! By the way...

The vshorig.prx is a back-up of the vsh.prx created when the permanent patch is installed. It's used to recover your psp just in case it bricks (you can hold Select plus R while cold-booting to enter the Recovery Menu, where you can attempt to recover your psp). It's normal and may become useful sometime or another (although I really haven't heard many people bricking with the perma patch).
Ah okay, cool. I haven't deleted it. Thanks for the tip.

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to necropost, but your ofw links are all dead, and have probably been dead for quite a while now, so could you please update the links?

Here's the main problem a lot of Go owners have experienced: you canNOT directly downgrade from 6.60 to 6.20. You need to downgrade to 6.39 first. Here's a quote from somebody (I can't remember who): the simplest solutions are often the most difficult to find.

Apparently I was too hasty. My psp go is absolutely determined to NOT downgrade past 6.39! BOO!!

Turns out that the OFW update has to be BELOW the downgrader, or else it won't work. Weird...
:unsure:

Whyat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate me for the necrobumb, But can someone fix the last 3 links? The only Reason I pry is because I know the people in this community wouldn't give me a bogus software that would hurt my psp go.

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing