Help: PSP Quake and PSX2PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by MissingNo._, Jan 4, 2010.

Jan 4, 2010
  1. MissingNo._
    OP

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    Note: I'm using a PSP 1000 with CFW 5.50 GEN-D3.

[​IMG] Quake 1.1: In-game MP3s:
    I have trouble getting the music to work. I placed the files in E:PSPGAMEPSP Quake 1.1MP3, and I have the files named ##.mp3 (## being the number of the track, from 2 - 11). I have the option for the music set to on, but when I load PSP Quake, it freezes during the first demo. The console said that it was loading the track, and it froze when it was over the screen. How can I fix this?

Is there any way I can set my PSP so it will sort the games on the Memory Stick by last played?

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    there's an edit button you know [​IMG] bumping your topics too many times can get this locked

3. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    I still need help with this one problem.

4. chriso

Newcomer chriso Advanced Member

United States
    The mp3 player never worked right for me either. Use music.prx instead - it's the same deal with easier shuffling ablities plus it works with iso/cso/hombrew etc.

I have it uploaded if you'd like. It's easy to use. Just pop it in MSROOT/SePlugins folder and add "ms0:/seplugins/music.prx 1" to both game.txt and vsh.txt in the seplugins folder

Controls -

L trigger + Note Key - starts/stops music
    L trigger + Triangle or X - Changes PSP Clock speed
    Note Key + left or right arrow - Changes song
    Note Key + up or down - Volume Control
    Note Key + Right trigger - Shuffle mode on/off

Link -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVJX72UZ (If you need this taken down let me know)

5. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    Yeah... funny story...
    I tried to get CheatMaster and CheatUp working (starting today) and I had everything set up. Noobishly, it took me forever to figure out what the Note button was (I can confirm for sure that I know what it is (now)). So now, I have the option on. Will I have to go back and forth between both Plug-Ins or can I have them both on simultaeously?

You may take the link down now.

6. chriso

Newcomer chriso Advanced Member

United States
    You can have many SePlugins up simultaneously but in some rare cases some plugins don't work well with others (i.e. older plugins/multiple or duplicate screenshot plugins etc.) . CWCheat.prx popsloader.prx etc will work fine with the music.prx. Some music file formats have a hard time working with the music.prx like .wmp or .at3, so the music.prx will skip them at times. Setting the psp clock speed also will help improve the speed of games if needed and will not harm the psp at all (besides the drain on the battery at 333mhz). Everything should be ok otherwise. Let me know if you need any other help with it.

7. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    That's all! Thank you very much. This was very helpful. I'm listening to my DOOM Soundtrack while playing Quake! xD A MOD can lock this topic now.