HELP!!! Preloaded doesnt start ... Bricked Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gino_Drago, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Gino_Drago
    OP

Newcomer Gino_Drago Member

United States
    Hi, pls your help.
    I received a brand new Wii at V3.3 so i started with:
    1.- Bannerbomb and installed Homebrew Channel (latest), could not install BootMii as boot2, and i didnt install as IOS either.
    2.- Then used TBR to patch IOS36 (didnet need to downgrade IOS15
    3.- HomebewChannel (upside down) but any way i managed to run Wanin Upgrader to 4.0 (ended fine)
    4.- Started Wii and runned Bannerbomb aging so i installed Homebrew Channel againg (on top of IOS61) and now it was normal again.
    5.- Used wanin Updater towards 4.1 and ended fine.
    6.- Everything was OK and installed IOS 249, 222 and 223 , everything fine again.
    7.- Used IOS60 Upgrader and used Options No for Installing 61, Yes for IOS60 Patch IOS60 and No for Shop Channel. ended fine
    8.- back to Homebre Channel and now selected to install Preloader 0.29
    9.- Preloader installation ended fine.... BUT it just hang when supposed to reboot in 5 seconds...never did

I turn the Wii Off and it has never come back again just the black screen of dead, Hitting reset does not work either...

I guess but i am not totally sure that IOS60 Upgrader bring me the STUB IOS60 and that killed me.

Any ideas pls.
    Any means of recovering?

2. misticknight

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I think you bricked your wii the same way i bricked my old one. Im pretty sure you were meant to install preloader, then install IOS60, then install preloader again. i remember i said theres no point doing that, and installed ios60 first and then bricked after preloader installed. i'm not sure though dont take my word for it, but im pretty sure your wii is gone.

3. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yea, you were supposed to install preloader, then IOS60, then when you rebooted it would have said "system menu corrupted" this is where you would have rebooted into preloader and reinstalled preloader

4. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    I agree could be possible, I believe i've seen this same thing before, but i'm unsure if its the same IOS60 patcher\Updater mentioned

5. HellFireXS

Newcomer HellFireXS Advanced Member

Canada
    Just curious, but why do you have to install prelaoder first? What does do to prevent the brick?

6. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    if your system menu gets corrupted ie from a bad wad file, you can still get into preloader by holding reset on boot, its good brick protection but by all means not a guarantee...bootmii is the way but like you said and I'm in the same boat, you can't install to boot2...

7. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Too bad...

8. fvnfish

Member fvnfish GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is pretty much the same way I bricked my old wii. Sent it into nintendo they sent me one back with boot2 install [​IMG]

9. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    I suppose installing preloader before IOS60 helps because it attaches itself to the SM and in this case you can still activate it via reset...

10. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    YOU didn't FOLLOW the GUIDE!!! I'm glad your WII is bricked. I'm not being a jerk, but you really need to follow directions.... if you're still having problems and no1 can help you, PM and I'll help.

Wynd

11. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States

dude... are you sure you arent a jerk? [​IMG]