Hacking Help Please Noob

Wiido95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i just recently got a wii its great but i have some questions on my mind
1-games that require update.?
2-does wiiconnect24 brick a modded wii
3-is wiiconnect24 for system update or just news and weather?
4-what do u prefer original or modded wii?
5-what happen if i dont update the system at all i have version 4.3
and finally how to know the region of a game plz help a noob thanks in advance

hazzarduk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
these updates can be blocked(using priiloader), though some games like black ops require these to play online

2-does wiiconnect24 brick a modded wii
mine is always turned off. It is system updates the can brick it i believe.

3-is wiiconnect24 for system update or just news and weather?
yes it can system update, if i remember correctly.

4-what do u prefer original or modded wii?
modded

5-what happen if i dont update the system at all i have version 4.3
4.3 is the most recent, updates arent usually required, i know alot of people still use 3.2

and finally how to know the region of a game plz help a noob thanks in advance
I usually find these out by opening a backed up game in wii backupmanager, though as im in England, all of my game backups are PAL. The regions are usually PAL for Europe, NTSC for USA.

Wiido95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank u soo much dude,really helpfull...
wink.gif

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All your major questions have been asked and answered before...As this is your first post, this can be overlooked, but it is common forum courtesy to search for the answer before creating a new post if the answer could not be found....

It is not clear what you are asking here. Generally, if you use a disc or USB loader you don't have to update your main system files. Loaders use cIOS to play games so you just need to update your cIOS, and only then if you have a game that requires so. Their are recommended cIOS slot & base combinations that will cover most if not all your game loading needs. Read about cIOS >here

Wiido95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you soo much sorry i didnt know about the answers,it wont happen again and one more question i lived in usa but due to some property i am in pakistan i am just asking there are recent power failures here what happen if i am playing the wii and the power goes off and are the services like everybody votes channel etc are avaible and can nintendo detect my wii? my wii has dectected wifi but wont do any online service anything? and the games here are 99% pirated
closedeyes.gif

Simply put will there be no updates to notify in pakistan...?? because the net is verrrrrrrry slow thank again

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiido95 said:
Thanks you soo much sorry i didnt know about the answers,it wont happen again and one more question i lived in usa but due to some property i am in pakistan i am just asking there are recent power failures here what happen if i am playing the wii and the power goes off and are the services like everybody votes channel etc are avaible and can nintendo detect my wii? my wii has dectected wifi but wont do any online service anything? and the games here are 99% pirated
closedeyes.gif

Simply put will there be no updates to notify in pakistan...?? because the net is verrrrrrrry slow thank again
Well, power failures can harm the Wii just like power failures can harm any electronic device. You need to take care if you are writing to the Wii's NAND while the power goes out, as you can brick your Wii if what was being written is a vital system file. So like when you flash firmware of any device, when messing with the Wii's NAND (updating firmware, IOSes, system files) use an uninterruptable power supply (UPS) if your power service is sub standard.

As for what channels like Everybody Votes are available in Pakistan, I am foggy on how the Wii determines what is available to it via the Shop Channel and such. Anybody feel free to add input here
unsure.gif
Assuming you have a NTSC-U Wii (USA), you should be able to access channels/content available to USA Wii's like Everybody Votes. The use of certain services is blocked regionally like the BBC iPlayer channel is only available to UK Wiis. I don't think Nintendo will care that you are using internet access from Pakistan. Let us know if certain channels/content are blocked from a Pakistan IP.

As far as piracy goes, it is heavily frowned upon here so I won't go into it. I will say that Nintendo has not pro-actively detected softmods and disabled hacked Wii's yet. They have updated firmware to try to circumvent softmods. You should not be worried about being "detected" by Nintendo. Nintendo has banned Wii's from online gaming, however, if they are caught using cheats.

-[]D

EDIT: Umm, all of sudden posts are missing from the this thread...Moderators: something wrong?
EDIT2: Seems like the forums are experiencing technical difficulties, lol... (As if anyone can read this...)

Wiido95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thanks i will use ups.....and by the way sorry i am asking so many questions..but can a modded wii play different region games like a us wii can play jap games? i really wanna mod there are no services like vote and internet channel but i am really afraid that my wii will brick can some give me precautins thank u guys this site and u guys are great
rolleyes.gif

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiido95 said:
Yeah thanks i will use ups.....and by the way sorry i am asking so many questions..but can a modded wii play different region games like a us wii can play jap games? i really wanna mod there are no services like vote and internet channel but i am really afraid that my wii will brick can some give me precautins thank u guys this site and u guys are great
rolleyes.gif
Dude, like I said before, all your questions have been answered before. In order to be successful in this hobby you are going have to do some reading and take a few leaps. If you fall into the habit of having someone hold your hand all the way, you will not learn anything and risk making mistakes. There are always risks in modding your Wii, part of the game. Just do your homework, have faith in yourself, and you should be fine like all those who have modded before you.

I've re-quoted the vital sources of information from my first reply to you...These are trusted sources of information. Search through and read them for all your answers and be sure that they are correct. If after all that you can't find a particular answer, then feel free to ask of course. Just stop asking out of being afraid and for re-confirmation.
QUOTE(PPSainity @ Feb 16 2011, 02:32 PM) All your major questions have been asked and answered before...As this is your first post, this can be overlooked, but it is common forum courtesy to search for the answer before creating a new post if the answer could not be found....
Welcome to the Wii scene Wiido95! Feel free to post any more questions you might have, after searching to see if they haven't already been answered of course
wink.gif
Some great sources of information for beginners to check out are: these forums and the many stickies, WiiBrew and The Complete Softmod Guide.
-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo