help please, hack 5.4.0 & wupinstaller

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mrpg, Mar 20, 2016.

1. mrpg
    OP

mrpg Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2016
    Dear All,

I have read, and read for days, but things are still not clear to me, so please if you can help answer these questions i have.

Basically, i want vwii softmod (done, and seems to work fine)
    I would like to stay on 5.4 if possible
    i would like to play super mario maker

So i thought i would use the kernel exploit, and install wupinstaller and spoof to 5.5.1

Is this kernel exploit for 5.4.0 ?, all loadline files are named 5.32 and below.
    https://gbatemp.net/attachments/osdriver-nofreezeonfail-20150923-zip.26342/

I ran it from http://wj44.bplaced.net/osdriver/payload532.html and it looked like it worked, no error messages, and it returned me to the settings screen like described.

Then tried wupinstaller, going to wupinstaller/wi on the wii u, just opens what i would describe like a video player, i have close, pause & play buttons, the controller hangs, and i have to hard power off the controller and wiiu.

Have tried this 30-40 times now.

Also downloaded the wupinstaller and used my local web server to host the files, but i only get a php information message in the browser, nothing more.

Any help with this would be very appriciated.

Best Regards
    Patric

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-i-got-updates-working-on-5-4-spoofed-to-5-5-1.415186/

Try using that version. I self host so it succeeds on the exploit way more.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I just helped someone on 5.4 yesterday in a private conversation. I just invited you to it. Read through the whole thing.

Last edited by Kafluke, Mar 20, 2016
  3. mrpg
    OP

mrpg Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2016
    many thanks for your help Kafluke! , i have a small query that i posted in that private thread.

4. mrpg
    OP

mrpg Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2016
    all is working now! , many thanks to Kafluke!!

5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Glad I could help

6. marshallM

marshallM Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Could you also invite me to that conversation? It seems I am running into the same problems. I also have a 5.4.0, HBL/Loadiine are working, with wupinstaller I always encounter a frozen video player window in the browser.
    I tried the version from wupinstaller.com as well as the one linked in this thread on a local server, always with the same result.

7. mrpg
    OP

mrpg Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2016
    Hi i am sure Kafluke will invite you to it, its really got a lot of helpfull info on it (i tried to invite you, but as i am not the starter of it, i guess i do not have access)

Basically, you have to run the kernel exploit before you run any other hack like wupinstaller, i.e you have to run the kernel exploit every time you want to run a hack, it does not stick permanently like on the wii , however the wupinstaller firmware spoof etc will stick permanently once you manage to run it.

I was doint the mistake thinking that i had already run the kernel exploit, and then tried the wupinstaller afterwards, and only got to that black video window.

8. Frostbite189

Frostbite189 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2015
    Mexico
    Can I read it as well?

Where can I download the exploit in order to self host it??