[Help] New SD-Card, now rxTools Blackscreen

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by XyracX, Nov 30, 2015.

1. XyracX
    OP

XyracX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey all, I just moved from a 16GB SD-Card to a 4GB SD-Card on my old 3DS (9.2). For that, I just copied all the files from the old SD to the new one. CtrBootmanager, HBL and rxTools menu are running fine. But everytime I try to boot into the emuNand Mode from rxTools, I get a blackscreen.

What is the fastes way to fix this ? I think, this is because the Card sizes are not the same ? Just want to boot into emuNand again.

Thanks !

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You need to backup your emunand from your previous SD card and inject it into your new SD card.

I recommend formatting your emunand through the GW Launcher (easier) then using emunand tool to inject your emunand backup from your previous SD card.

It black screens because you don't have an emunand on your new SD card, so it tried to boot into nothing :P

Tony_93 likes this.
  3. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Why would you go from 16GB to 4GB anyways? You'll barely fit anything there after the emunand partition.

Last edited by Tony_93, Nov 30, 2015
  4. XyracX
    OP

XyracX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Because I want to sell it with the 4GB Card that came with it and need the 16GB Card for my other 3DS.
    Do I need to format the emuNand with the GW Launcher, if the SD was already formated and used on another 3DS (emuNand section was already there). Or can I just inject my emuNand Backup directly to the SD ?

I made a image file with the software win32 Image. When I inject this .img file on a new SD, then the emuNand will directly be there ?

Last edited by XyracX, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Emunand is a partition in the SD card, is not a file that you copy and paste between cards. In order to transfer emunand you have to:

1) Format emunand with Gateway in the 4GB SD card.

2) Extract emunand from the 16GB SD card and inject to the 4GB one using emunand tool.

3) Copy the rest of the files.

XyracX likes this.
  6. XyracX
    OP

XyracX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks, worked great !

7. Ace87

Ace87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Finland
    Hello, I have the same problem as the author. I followed all the things to do (backup of th emunand, inject it with eunantool (1.01 and 1.03), and it's not working. With the 1.01, i can inject the nand, but with the 1.03, it said that the size of the nand is wrong (344mo). I get a blackscreen... How can i fix it ? (and sorry for my bad english, i use a translator). Thanks !