Help needed. Accidentally updated my emummc

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played with my switch in a looong time. I think I was on firmware 6.2. I was in airplane mode but apparently there was an update already downloaded. I accidentally updated the system and then it booted back into Hekate 5.5.4. Is there a way I can remove this update and be back to 6.2? TIA

• Sad
Reactions: Mike_77712

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I mean if you got a NAND backup, it's safer to restore it than trying to downgrade via Daybreak.

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if you got a NAND backup, it's safer to restore it than trying to downgrade via Daybreak.
So can I just copy the 'emuMMC' directory back over or do I need to copy some other folders too? Sorry for all the newbie questions. It's been along time since I messed with this stuff. Also once I restore, how do I kill the system update that is waiting?

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well apparently I don't have a backup. The restore command skipped everything. I also forgot I'm pretty sure I have a emummc partition not the file version and I don't have a backup of that partition. I do have a emummc folder on the sdcard backup that I have that does have a 'RAW2' folder. I'm not sure what that is.

Edit: I just checked the partition table of my sdcard. I've got one big partition (180 gig or so) and two 30.5 gig partitions. One formatted and one not. The formatted one is my emuMMC.

Last edited by bird333,

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a backup in another folder labeled 'backup full raw GPP' it has one 30.5 gig 'rawnand.bin' file and 14 'rawnand.bin.**' files that add up 30 gigs (they are 2 gigs each until the last one). I'm pretty sure these are my 'sysnand' and not the 'emummc'. Could I use that to restore my 'emummc' partition? Another thought is can I just create a new 'emummc' partition? Will Hekate just overwrite what is already there? Does it just copy what is on the 'sysnand' to the 'emummc'? Still looking for ideas guys.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of curiosity, why do you want to stick to 6.2 firmware on your emuMMC? It's ancient, and can't run any recent games. Most people want to update to the latest to play the new Zelda. Just wondering what is your thought process.

Reactions: impeeza

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I found a backup in another folder labeled 'backup full raw GPP' it has one 30.5 gig 'rawnand.bin' file and 14 'rawnand.bin.**' files that add up 30 gigs (they are 2 gigs each until the last one). I'm pretty sure these are my 'sysnand' and not the 'emummc'. Could I use that to restore my 'emummc' partition? Another thought is can I just create a new 'emummc' partition? Will Hekate just overwrite what is already there? Does it just copy what is on the 'sysnand' to the 'emummc'? Still looking for ideas guys.
You can, but you can also flash your current sysNAND over your emuNAND, which may be preferable.

Nore that overwriting emuNAND will cause loss of save data.

Why are you insisting on keeping your emuNAND on 6.2? It only takes a few minutes to update Atmosphere & Hekate and it will be back to working again. No loss of data.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Out of curiosity, why do you want to stick to 6.2 firmware on your emuMMC? It's ancient, and can't run any recent games. Most people want to update to the latest to play the new Zelda. Just wondering what is your thought process.
I am with @Dust2dust ; @bird333 , really what's do you want to do?

There is no reason to get back to firmware 6.2 unless you use some shady CFW.

If your console got updated to firmware 16.3 you only need to update your Hekate and Atmosphère, do not forget to remove any themes, for sure, backup and delete your SD:/Atmosphere/contents folder. and when you get your console running update all sysmodules and tesla with overlays if you use them.

If you got updated it's because you didn't take measures to hide your console and keep it away from big N servers, so is more likely you console is banned to this point so no gain on low firmware.

Please give us more information so we can put you on the right way.

Reactions: Dust2dust

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am with @Dust2dust ; @bird333 , really what's do you want to do?

There is no reason to get back to firmware 6.2 unless you use some shady CFW.

If your console got updated to firmware 16.3 you only need to update your Hekate and Atmosphère, do not forget to remove any themes, for sure, backup and delete your SD:/Atmosphere/contents folder. and when you get your console running update all sysmodules and tesla with overlays if you use them.

If you got updated it's because you didn't take measures to hide your console and keep it away from big N servers, so is more likely you console is banned to this point so no gain on low firmware.

Please give us more information so we can put you on the right way.
I don't really use that console much and it works for what I use it for so I just wanted it to go back to what it was. I don't know what firmware I got updated to. Like I said the console was in airplane mode so I'm guessing this was something that was already in my sysnand when I created my emunand or maybe it downloaded a long time ago before I put it in airplane mode. I'm not opposed to updating but the one thing that I have always been confused about was what are the correct sigpatches (I think that's what they are called) I need. Also I don't know what version of Atmosphere I'm on, but based on my most recent backup it looks like it is a version from Sept. 2020. I still get the Kosmos splash screen when I boot up if that helps. Could someone layout the steps I need to update Hekate and Atmosphere? TIA

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I updated Atmosphere on my emunand. Looks like I am running 16.0.3 firmware on Atmosphere 1.5.3. Now I am getting this error about my 'game card not being read'. How do I fix it?

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to understand more about this game card issue. This might be the reason I didn't update before. Questions:

1. Is it possible that it's just the game (in this case Super Mario U Deluxe) that needs the updated card slot?
2. Does updating the game card make me lose anything/cause any issues? I.e. prevent me from ever downgrading the firmware.
Post automatically merged:

You can, but you can also flash your current sysNAND over your emuNAND, which may be preferable.

Nore that overwriting emuNAND will cause loss of save data.

Why are you insisting on keeping your emuNAND on 6.2? It only takes a few minutes to update Atmosphere & Hekate and it will be back to working again. No loss of data.
Can I just copy my current sysnand to emunand by choosing 'create emuMMC' (skipping the 'sd partition' part since I already have the partition)?

Last edited by bird333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too