!HELP! Need stock firmware! [BOOTLOOP]

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Roomsaver, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Roomsaver
    OP

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    I have a Virgin Wireless SM_J700P. I rooted and tried to do a backup through the TWRP app. I don't have a custom recovery and cannot access recovery. I can access Odin mode. I just want my phone to function, at this point. I don't care about keeping texts or pictures or anything. I don't even care about keeping root. Please help!!!!!

Last edited by Roomsaver, Aug 30, 2016
  2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
  3. DarkGabbz

DarkGabbz Resident XBOX Guy

Dec 29, 2015
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Modding Xbox'es
  4. mgrev

mgrev Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic

GBAtemp Patron
    mgrev is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    Under Tomato Hentai's stairs
    Go to www.sammobile.com and download the firmware for your device. There is no point at all in downloading carrier bloated firmwares, so download the one for your region

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Because that could potentially screw up his phone. If the ROM he's flashing doesn't use Virgin's modem/radio, it wouldn't work at all with his carrier and he'd still be out a phone.

It looks like sammobile does have his ROM, I just didn't bother checking one of the 4 Unknown regions they have listed.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/80070/J700PVPU1APF3_J700PSPT1APF3_VMU/ < This one should be for Virgin.

6. Roomsaver
    OP

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    Thank you! I couldn't find one anywhere I looked. This is so helpful. I was going to flash a Sprint one onto my phone since Sprint owns Virgin Mobile but decided not to as they have different coverage areas and didn't want it to screw anything up. (Also regarding the bloatware and etc. I kind of like the Virgin Mobile" bloatware" as it has apps to configure things with my Virgin Mobile acct specifically... And the splashscreen is kind of nice lol.